Which paper to upgrade MCSA 2000 to 2003 or 2008

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Muneer Ahmed, Jul 6, 2007.

  1. Muneer Ahmed

    Muneer Ahmed Guest

    Hi All,

    I have cleared following paper now which papaer is best to upgrade to
    Windows 2008 instead of windows 2003.

    or it is mandatory to 1st complete the Windows 2003 then only we can give
    2008.

    here is my transcript.

    Microsoft Certification Status

    Credential Certification / Version Date Achieved

    Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator Dec 28, 2002
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Dec 28, 2002
    Microsoft Certified Professional Dec 02, 2002

    Microsoft Certification Exams Completed Successfully

    Exam ID Description Date Completed
    284 Implementing & Managing Microsoft Exchange 2003
    285 Designing a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Organization Aug 17, 2006
    218 Managing a Windows 2000 Network Environment Dec 28, 2002
    216 Implementing and Administering a Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Network
    Infrastructure Dec 15, 2002
    210 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® 2000
    Professional Dec 08, 2002
    215 Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft® Windows® 2000
    Server Dec 02, 2002

    Muneer Ahmed, Jul 6, 2007

  2. Muneer:
    There is no MCSA or MCSE 2008.
    You cannot go from MCSA 2000 directly to MCTS 2008 either.
    You can go from MCSA 2000 to MCSA 2003 by taking exam 70-292.
    This exam expires March 30, 2008.
    You can then go from MCSA 2003 to the 2008 equivalents by taking exam 70-648.
    This exam is still in beta, and unless you have a MCSA 2003, you probably
    didn't get an invitation.
    For more info, see Trika's blog on the subject at:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2007/06/14/windows-server-2008-certification-paths.aspx
    You can also get more information by looking at the preparation guide for
    70-648 as well. (If you can't figure the URL for that, then you shouldn't be
    taking exams.)

    Best wishes in your certification studies.

    LarryWestMCSD, Jul 8, 2007

  3. Muneer Ahmed

    Muneer Ahmed Guest

    Hi,

    many Thanks for huiding me on the right path.

    Thank You for best Wishesh.

    Best Regards
    Muneer

    Muneer Ahmed, Jul 8, 2007
  4. Muneer Ahmed

    Muneer Ahmed Guest

    Hi,
    Clear 070-292 Finally MCSA on Windows 2003

    Thanks. Regards
    Muneer Khan

    Muneer Ahmed, Jul 26, 2007