which one of these cameras you recommend me ?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mario, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Mario

    Mario Guest

    Hello,

    I have narrowed down the choice of a digital camera for general
    purpose and for rarely if needed also underwater to these cameras:

    I want a camera that will take very good pics also at night, with low
    light and mainly when travelling, so also not so heavy and compact in
    size if possible.

    Rarely I may use it for underwater photography so if case available
    better.

    Which of the following models you recommend me ?

    Olympus C5050 or C6060

    Canon: G5,  S50, S60 or A80

    Any other brand or models you recommend me ?

    I dont even know if the above models are still produced.

    Thanks,

    Mario

    Mario, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Mario

    GT40 Guest

    Nikon has some nice cameras too. For Canon you can go to
    www.powershot.com

    GT40, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Mario

    Mark Johnson Guest

    I think you mean the 5060. And the 5050 is the one people still want.
    It's been discontinued.

    Those look good, too.

    All I know is that I use the C5050. And it's a workhorse that delivers
    very good photographs particularly in RAW mode. Just get a 512-1MG CF
    card, and a protective tube and UV filter or something for the lens,
    and you're set. The underwater housing, their PT-015, is also very
    well built (almost a steal for the money). Serves as good general
    protection against dust, sand and the elements otherwise, as well.

    Mark Johnson, Oct 25, 2004
  4. Mario

    Steve House Guest

    I have a Canon S50 and am quite happy with it. If I were buying new I might
    get the S60 instead as it is the current model. You can see some of the pix
    I've taken at photos.yahoo.com/sjhouse - just the raw take without any
    manipulation or cleanup.

    Steve House, Oct 26, 2004
  5. Mario