    for 70-290 when I have already got 70-290 course at home. Trying to save
    money.

    Obviously, I will end up doing 70-270 afterwards.

    Johnny C, Sep 21, 2007

  2. I would advise you to visit http://www.microsoft.com/learning and view
    the "Skills being measured" for each of your desired exams. By reviewing
    this, it will show you what technology you will be tested on. From there
    you can make a determination on the skill set you are most experienced
    in. After all, that is what it is all about: experience.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 21, 2007

  3. Personally, I really have to recommend 290 first. 291 is very challenging
    for a lot of people because of the breadth of infrastructure systems that are
    covered. 290 gets you up to speed on passing exams, on the 2003
    infrastructure in specific, and on the systems that you can see exam
    questions for. 291 should follow 290 once you are comfortable with the exam
    format, level, and process for the 2003 exams.

    Also try and take some extra time for 291 as it may be something of a
    challenge.

    Wayne Anderson, Oct 2, 2007
  4. Johnny C

    Phil Hedrick Guest

    I just scheduled my 290 exam for next week and was shocked to learn that it
    was a four hour time block for the test. Everything I have read and studied
    till now said 90 minutes and 45 questions. Can anyone tell me what is going
    on? I do not know whether to be more anxious than I already am, or to feel
    better with the increased time. Give me some insight if you can. Thanks

    Phil Hedrick, Oct 30, 2007
  5. Johnny C

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Hi Phil,

    There are no Microsoft certification exams that are 45 minutes long. That
    does not mean that they cannot conceivably be completed in that time. There
    were a couple of Windows XP exams that were 3 hours long that I finished in
    30 minutes. That does not mean that everyone can read as fast as I can or
    comprehend the material as well, and should be given more time.

    As for the number of questions, it will vary from test to test. The fewest
    questions I have seen on an RTM exam is 42 and the most is 65. Figure that
    70-290 is in there (I passed it at some point but don't remember).

    Good luck!

    Mitch Garvis, MCT
    MCSA, MCITP, MCDST, MCTS
    Visit my blog at http://feeds.feedburner.com/MitchGBlog
    ---

    Montreal MCT, Oct 30, 2007
  6. Johnny C

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Yes it did, but I wass making a point that as much time as they give you,
    when you finish you finish.

    Montreal MCT, Oct 31, 2007