    b. inter-device distance of less than one meter
    c. half-duplex communications
    d. line-of-sight between devices

    dandelion, Apr 7, 2006

  2. dandelion

    Brian G Guest

    Try looking here http://webopedia.internet.com/TERM/I/IrDA.html

    To answer your question:

    a, c,

    Brian G, Apr 7, 2006

  3. dandelion

    Butterfield Guest

    A. since Infrared is line of sight.

    -- Butterfield

    Butterfield, Apr 7, 2006
  4. dandelion

    dandelion Guest

    So why couldn't it be 'd'?

    dandelion, Apr 8, 2006
  5. dandelion

    Butterfield Guest

    If the question were " What is required for IrDA devices?" then the
    answer would be D.

    -- Butterfield

    Butterfield, Apr 8, 2006
  6. dandelion

    SBFan2000 Guest

    IrDA requires line of site to work, so therefore devices being in line or
    site would not be a reason for them not working!

    SBFan2000, Apr 8, 2006
  7. dandelion

    MF Guest

    Beer bottles. It's a write in answer.

    MF, Apr 8, 2006
  8. Right...or if the word "affect" was used instead of "hamper".

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Apr 8, 2006
  9. OK, if levity-time has arrived...I don't understand how full duplex
    can work, since there is an interior wall between the sections of a
    duplex house...groan...

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Apr 8, 2006
  10. Fred the Ferret, Apr 8, 2006
  11. dandelion

    JohnO Guest

    Was this really on the exam?

    Not a surprise, there seem to be a lot of really stupid questions these
    days.

    -John O

    JohnO, Apr 8, 2006