    Guest Guest

    Which Network Adapters defiantly work with vista 64 bit?

    Thanks.

    Guest, Oct 18, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have 4 computers all talking to one another:-

    Main work machine running a dual boot WinXP x64 Pro and Vista x64
    A 2nd office machine mainly used for storage these daysand running WinXP Pro
    A machine in my studio running Vista x68
    A laptop running WinXP pro

    I use a Netgear WGT624 Router which has 4 wired ports and one wireless
    together with internet access via a cable modem.

    The main machine and the studio machine are connected via cables and the 2nd
    office machine is connected via a Netgear WG111T wireless USB device running
    at 108 Mbps. The laptop connects either by cable (if I happen to be in the
    office) or by a Netgear WG111T wireless USB device if I happen to be
    elsewhere.

    When I first setup the system I did have a lot more problems than I
    expected, but one thing I learned was that I did have to reboot the Router
    quite a lot to make them consistently see one another. I don't know if it is
    one of the things which they addressed in Beta 2 - but I find I no longer
    have any problems with connections.

    Guest, Oct 18, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a Realtek RTL8185 Wireless 54G PCI adapter for my desktop. It is a
    CompUSA brand however the default driver did not work correctly, after much
    looking I found a working driver for Vista 64 RC1... It may be the same
    latest driver for Windows XP 64 Pro they have on Realtek website... don't
    remember.

    I don't have a link, but it's driver version 5.1081.824.2006

    Dated 8/24/2006

    Guest, Oct 18, 2006