    specific interface to the router Cisco.

    Which is the OID ?

    Thank you

    lyvicro, Aug 29, 2007

  2. lyvicro

    Bod43 Guest

    I am pretty sure that you can use the standard rfc1513,
    sorry I forget the exact number, "interface" mib for that.

    ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInErrors
    ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.14

    then append ".interfaceindex" for the interface you want.
    this counter includes all error types.
    There is also a standard dot3 transmission mib
    that has more detail, IIRC.

    Bod43, Aug 30, 2007

  3. lyvicro

    lyvicro Guest

    Thank you

    I want, for example, when you do show interface Serial 0/0, you see de
    CRC error or Drops paquet, I want to Known, the mib that I consult and
    obtend the same result.

    I try with the 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.14, bat the result is no the same

    interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInErrors.3 : Counter: 1565217

    interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifDescr.3 : DISPLAY STRING- (ascii):
    Serial0/0

    Serial0/0 is up, line protocol is up
    Hardware is PowerQUICC Serial
    Internet address is xx.xx.xx.xx/30
    Backup interface Dialer1, failure delay 5 sec, secondary disable
    delay 60 sec,
    kickin load not set, kickout load not set
    MTU 1500 bytes, BW 2048 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
    reliability 255/255, txload 9/255, rxload 25/255
    Encapsulation PPP, LCP Open
    Open: CDPCP, IPCP, loopback not set
    Keepalive set (10 sec)
    Last clearing of "show interface" counters 17:09:17
    Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops:
    54
    Queueing strategy: fifo
    Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)
    30 second input rate 207000 bits/sec, 49 packets/sec
    30 second output rate 77000 bits/sec, 35 packets/sec
    539938 packets input, 253229236 bytes, 0 no buffer
    0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
    399367 packets output, 84029229 bytes, 0 underruns
    0 carrier transitions
    DCD=up DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=up

    Thank you

    lyvicro, Aug 30, 2007
  4. lyvicro

    Bod43 Guest

    Last clearing of "show interface" counters 17:09:17

    The "sh int" counters have been cleared.
    The snmp counters cannot be cleared.

    Bod43, Aug 30, 2007
  5. lyvicro

    lyvicro Guest

    isn't the same the query snmp that the show interface ?

    How can I clear the the snmp counter by have the same information ?

    Thank you

    lyvicro, Aug 31, 2007
  6. lyvicro

    Bod43 Guest

    "The snmp counters cannot be cleared.".
    I cannot think how else to say it.
    I will try. There is no way to clear the snmp counters.
    The snmp counters are initialised on system reset and
    cannot be cleared otherwise.
    : -))

    After startup if you do not clear the interface counters then
    they will remain in step with the snmp counters however:-

    The snmp counters often have different definitions
    from the sh int counters and so will differ.
    The snmp counters (well the ones I mentiond anyway)
    are 32 bit counters. 0 to about 4,000,000,000. These
    counters may well overflow and wrap to zero before
    the sh int counters many of which are now 64 bit counters.
    I think that I will be long dead before the 64 bit counters wrap.

    Bod43, Aug 31, 2007
  7. lyvicro

    lyvicro Guest

    Thank you for your information