    I've always had a good signal from the BT Home Hub. If it wasn't for the
    DNS issue, I'd probably leave the BT job where it is...

    TIA

    JohnDavidson, Sep 26, 2014

  2. I have a TG582n supplied by Zen, and although the settings pages
    aren't very exciting, it works very well. If two of the best ISPs have
    opted to supply this as their basic router, there's probably a reason.
    It wouldn't be in their best interests to supply something that didn't
    work reliably.

    To check wireless performance, install a survey program such as
    InSSIDer on a laptop, or WiFi Analyser on an Android phone, and walk
    around the premises where you want it to work.

    Rod.

    Roderick Stewart, Sep 28, 2014

  3. I found both to work as well as each other. Based on other peoples'
    accounts though, you may find the Home Hub to be slightly better.

    Plusnet Support Team, Sep 28, 2014
  4. JohnDavidson

    AllenConnell

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2014
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Asus AC2400 RT-AC87U Dual-band Wireless Gigabit Router
    The hefty price aside, the Asus AC2400 RT-AC87U is the most complete 802.11ac router to date, capable of satisfying all your home networking needs.

    AllenConnell, Nov 14, 2014