    Talal Itani Guest

    Which inkjet printer for a professional photographer?

    Thanks!

    Talal Itani, Jul 1, 2008

  2. Talal Itani

    measekite Guest

    I would consider the Epson 3800 or the Canon IPF 5100.  And make sure you use OEM ink.  You get the best results and the longest life.  If you want to print even larger look at the Canon IPF6100.

    measekite, Jul 1, 2008

  3. Talal Itani

    tomm42 Guest

    Depends on the size you want and the room you have to set it up. Pro
    photographers use 17 inch to 64 inch printers again depends on their
    needs. Canon, Epson or HP all make excellent printers that give prints
    that rival or exceed laser prints on traditional photo paper. I
    decided anything over 16x24 was infrequent enough to do with an
    outside vendor. I bought a Canon iPF5000 and it has been an excellent
    printer, the Epson 3800 didn't take roll paper and the 4880 penalized
    you $60 to change between black inks if you changed from photo to
    matte papers, but both the printers printed well. If you want a bigger
    printer I'd wait for the Epson X900 series and compare the three
    majors then. None of the LF printers are "perfect" but they all print
    well.
    You really have to do some research at vendors for these printers. If
    you are outside Austrailia, Europe, Japan or the US you may have to
    buy what your local vendors have, again with the choices available you
    really can't go wrong.

    Tom

    tomm42, Jul 2, 2008
  4. Talal Itani

    m II Guest

    Some years ago, I made the mistake of feeding glossy photo paper through
    a laser printer. It was a mess. The heat of the fusing drum inside the
    laser melted the glossy coating from the photo paper. Learn from my
    mistake..DON'T Do It!

    mike

    m II, Jul 2, 2008
  5. What kind of photos do you do? Wedding? Portrait? Photojournalism?
    Framed landscapes? Photo greeting cards?

    Different genres of photos require different printers.

    Don Stauffer in Minnesota, Jul 2, 2008
  6. Talal Itani

    me Guest

    Sounds like you fed inkjet glossy through. Laser glossy is fine.

    me, Jul 2, 2008
  7. How did he get the microwave to work with its door open?

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 2, 2008
  8. Talal Itani

    ASAAR Guest

    That must be his brother-in-law, the suburban legend!

    ASAAR, Jul 2, 2008
  9. How large will your output be, at maximum? Do you need roll paper
    support or will you be using cut sheets? Glossy or matte output, or
    both? Color or B+W or both? Is speed critical. How many square feet
    of images do you foresee printing daily? I assume this is for both
    proofs and final images you are selling, so you require highly fade
    resistant inks, correct?

    Most people requiring professional quality photographic output who
    aren't spending a fortune on very specialized systems are buying Epson
    first with Ultrachrome inks, followed by HP with Vivera pigment colorant
    inks, or one version of Canon which is designed with pigment colorant inks.

    Do you plan on using OEM or third party inks?

    Art

    If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
    I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

    http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

    Arthur Entlich, Jul 3, 2008
  10. There were some problems with some designated laser glossy papers made
    or branded by HP, which could melt with some higher fuser temperature
    laser printers.

    Don't know if they are still on the market.

    Arthur Entlich, Jul 3, 2008
  11. Talal Itani

    tomm42 Guest

    I was thinking of Lightjet or Chromira (believe LCD) printers, that
    print on photo paper.

    tomm42, Jul 3, 2008
  12. Talal Itani

    measekite Guest

    If the guy is a professional photographer in the true sense of the word
    the question is redundant. Of course OEM ink. I think you like to hear
    yourself talk.

    measekite, Jul 3, 2008
  13. Talal Itani

    Frank Guest

    meashershithead, the oem ink drinking idiot moron POS loser wrote:

    Aren't you the same fruitcake loser who was changing everyone's post who
    disagreed with you over at the printer ng? That was you wasn't it, remember?
    We all complained to your ISP and you eventually stopped doing it!

    Also are you the stupid idiot piece of shit who capitalized each and
    every word in ever post over at the printer ng until we all complained
    once again to your ISP?
    Remember?

    Also are you not the dumb fukkin son of a bitch piece of shit who
    continues to post in HTML even thought everyone in all of the ng's
    you're in has complained about it and told you to stop doing it?
    Remember

    Are you not the asshole who did all of that? You were weren't you!

    Would you like your ISP to get so many abuse complaints about you once
    again that they think they're getting DDOS, huh?

    Are you really as dense and as stupid and ignorant and as fukkin dumb as
    you seem to be?
    Are you?
    You are aren't you!

    And aren't you a declared austrian fascist, an atheist and a bigot?
    You did proclaim to be all of those didn't you.

    Take my advice meashershithead, get fukkin lost you idiot moron piece of
    shit loser!
    Frank

    want to know more about this asshole loser?
    Go here:

    http://groups.google.com/groups/pro...ADEx8x8Ar5cT9MycNaTjCAv8rhlH0Pnl47z4AZhN98BFg

    Frank, Jul 3, 2008
  14. Talal Itani

    measekite Guest

    The holy one does not realize that this is a professional photographer.
    Of course he is going to use OEM ink and will not palm off some ink
    fading crap on his customers.

    measekite, Jul 4, 2008
  15. Talal Itani

    measekite Guest

    Not at all. Those who want to know go to the microwave forum.

    measekite, Jul 8, 2008
  16. Talal Itani

    tony cooper Guest

    I have no experience with exploding microwaves, but I did witness the
    results of an exploding pressure cooker. My mother was making
    succotash in a pressure cooker, and the lid blew. We had lima beans,
    corn, and whatever else is part of succotash all over the walls and
    ceiling. Yes, the ceiling.

    tony cooper, Jul 9, 2008
  17. Seems to be fairly universal for a certain age group. I experienced the
    same thing with my mother, the pressure cooker "blew" and created quite
    a mess. In this case, I think the pressure escape valve clogged and too
    much pressure built up and the rubber gasket between the lid and the pot
    blew. At least that's how I recall it. It was indeed a mess to clean
    up. Somehow carrots seem to come to mind.

    Arthur Entlich, Jul 9, 2008
  18. Talal Itani

    dj_nme Guest

    You don't even need something as fancy as a pressure-cooker.
    Nor a microwave.

    My dad has a similar story, about my grandmother blowing up her first
    gas oven.
    Trying to heat up a can of peas, still in the can and with no vent holes
    punched in the top.
    Apparently it blew the cast iron door of the oven clean off it's hinges.
    No other word on the mess created.

    dj_nme, Jul 9, 2008
  19. Talal Itani

    tony cooper Guest

    Oh, I did that. My first employer after college (1960)handed out
    canned hams for Christmas. The instructions on the can said to place
    the can in the oven for so-many minutes at such-and-such a temperature
    to cook the contents. The instructions did not say to open the can
    first.

    Since my previous experiences in "cooking" involved nothing more
    complex than peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, it never occurred to
    me to open the can.

    The hot juices in the can expanded, the can blew up like a balloon,
    and finally the lid blew and hot liquid squirted everywhere. I had to
    dismantle the oven to get the wedged-in can out. The pull-tab can top
    was so misshapen that I had to use a hammer and screwdriver to get the
    lid off, and I cut my hand so badly on the jagged can top that I had
    to get stitches.

    The ham was nicely cooked, though.

    tony cooper, Jul 9, 2008
  20. Now you get some understanding of how some guy at Canon invented the
    bubblejet!

    (To bring us back on topic!!)

    Mike
    --