Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by =?iso-8859-1?Q?-=3D|__=28=BAL=BA=29__|=3D-____o=3D, Sep 24, 2004.

  1. Which hard drive encryption program has the strongest tested encryption & security?

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?-=3D|__=28=BAL=BA=29__|=3D-____o=3D, Sep 24, 2004

  2. You want one that comes from a reputable vendor and supports atleast
    AES-128, if not AES-256. I would just use the one built into what ever
    operating system you are using.

    Cheers,
    Tom

    Thomas Vincent, Oct 8, 2004

    Mike Guest

    I've been using Steganos Safe for a few years. So far, it has been
    quite reliable for me.
    http://www.steganos.com/?layout=web2005&content=products_safe&language=en

    Mike, Oct 8, 2004

    Allen Guest

    I went to their site (I am looking for CD & CDRW encryption software)
    and they mention 128 bit encryption, but they refuse to say what type of
    encryption anywhere ?
    Allen

    Allen, Oct 14, 2004

    Mike Guest

    I believe it is AES. I am not home at the moment, so I can't check my
    PC. But this review says AES:

    http://www.itsecurity.com/tecsnews/apr2004/apr113.htm

    "Crash Protection: The software’s 128-bit AES encryption is combined
    with Automatic Crash Protection to ensure that no data is left
    unencrypted, even during system crashes or power outages."

    "About Steganos:
    Steganos GmbH was founded in 1996 in Frankfurt, Germany. It is a
    market leader in the field of encryption software. Steganos products
    are divided into consumer and business lines and are used for the
    encryption of files and e-mails, the removal of traces of Internet
    surfing, secure file-sharing and the protection of sensitive data from
    outside intervention. Steganos is the worldwide market leader in
    steganographic solutions. Using this technique, data is not only
    encrypted but also hidden in image or sound files so as not to attract
    attention to their sensitive nature. Steganos GmbH is the world’s
    first company to incorporate the new AES encryption algorithm
    (Advanced Encryption Standard) in its products. More than two million
    Steganos users worldwide are proof of the popularity of this software
    line, not only for its recognized security standards but also its
    user-friendliness. Further information about Steganos and its
    products: www.steganos.com"

    Mike, Oct 15, 2004

    Kornholio

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2008
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    DriveCrypt PlusPack uses AES 256 algorithm. it's full HDD encryption also.

    Kornholio, Feb 20, 2008