    Just shows what you know Thomas I was never charged with Sipgate
    for 0800 or 0808 calls and I am not charged now by Vonage or Voipfone
    or Voipcheap .

    Dexter, Aug 30, 2005

  2. Dexter

    Dexter Guest

    Like many many people here I would like to know just what that
    interest is ,it will come out in the wash though things of this nature
    always do eventually .

    Dexter, Aug 31, 2005

  3. Dexter

    Dexter Guest

    Sipgate is exactly the same Brian but they are only like quite a lot
    of small shops in this respect most will not allow you to use a card
    unless you spend a fiver on goods . It may have gone up to £ 10.00 now
    anything less than this amount the retailer is charged for the
    transaction I have been told on a few occasions .

    Dexter, Aug 31, 2005
  4. Dexter

    Brian A Guest

    I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
    Which free provider should I sign up with based on reliability and the
    necessary CLI to be able to use the service?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Aug 31, 2005
  5. This may sound silly, but why would you want to?

    (afaik) all voip providers charge for 0800/0808 numbers and I'm sure
    you'd be able to find some that are the same price or cheaper than
    QX-dials routing services anyway.

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 31, 2005
  6. Dexter

    Ivor Jones Guest

    Sipgate don't charge for 0800 numbers.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Aug 31, 2005
  7. Dexter

    Brian A Guest

    Yes I have checked the tariff on these providers and 'freephone'
    calls are free...but which provider is best based on my original
    criteria of relibility and forwarding of the CLI?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 1, 2005
  8. Take a look at www.voipfone.co.uk 0800's and 0808 numbers are free to
    call and they provide inbound and outbound caller ID and are very
    reliable

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Sep 1, 2005
  9. Dexter

    UKHierarchy Guest

    i forgot to add i have an undeclared interest in sipgate didnt you eyevor

    UKHierarchy, Sep 1, 2005
  10. Dexter

    UKHierarchy Guest

    oh it will for sure, eyevor will slip up eventually.

    UKHierarchy, Sep 1, 2005
  11. Re: Caller ID Looks like Voipfone have added more new stuff this week I
    just logged in to my account and noticed that you can control your own
    CLI now

    http://www.voipfone.co.uk/callerid.php

    And although it's probably not relevant here i just spotted this too
    http://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Call_Me_Back.php

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Sep 1, 2005
  12. Dexter

    Brian A Guest

    It seems that the minimum call top up fee for voipfone is £10.
    For my initial purposes I only need to make a 1 min call to an 0870
    number (my reason for this only clouds the issue here) so not so keen
    on spending £10 unless I really have to.
    1,How much is the minimum credit is on voiptalk in order to make a
    chargable call?
    2. Does the CLI forward OK on voiptalk?
    3. Voiptalk 0871: Charges to 0871 numbers vary. Insufficient info. is
    provided by voiptalk to ascertain the charges. Although not of great
    importance what are the charges (or further digits of the number)?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 1, 2005
  13. You get 5 minutes of free calls when you sign up with voipfone but i am
    not sure if you can call 0870 numbers with the free minutes

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Sep 1, 2005
  14. Dexter

    David Floyd Guest

    That doesn't help for non voipfone customers to know what's involved or
    offered as you need to sign up for the page you've offered.

    David

    David Floyd, Sep 1, 2005
  15. Good point so i have copied and pasted see below

    You can choose which telephone number you wish others to see when you
    call them. (ie which Calling Line Identity - CLI - you send). The
    numbers you can use are displayed in the drop down menu below.

    To change your CLI, click on the drop down menu and choose one of the
    numbers, then click the 'Save the Changes' button.

    in other words if you have 10 numbers with voipfone you can choose to
    show any of your numbers as the outgoing cli for you line

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Sep 1, 2005
  16. Dexter

    David Floyd Guest