Which film not yet on dvd do you want the most..

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Tad Bitt§ï£, Oct 31, 2004.

  1. Tad Bitt§ï£

    jayembee Guest

    jayembee, Nov 1, 2004

  2. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Bob D. Guest

    I wrongly assumed that Netflix had everything. So amazon.com and
    dvdempire.com are the last word for what's available?

    Bob D.

    Bob D., Nov 1, 2004

  3. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Galley Guest

    Hardbodies I and II

    Galley, Nov 1, 2004
  4. http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=581020
    http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=590728

    (And that's TWO outs, folks, a double play!--
    Impmon chose to play it dangerously, and the cards were against
    him...Bad luck, Imp!

    Derek Janssen (so, who's our next <muahahaa> "lucky" contestant?)

    Derek Janssen, Nov 1, 2004
  5. .....YAAAAAAAAAAUGHHHHHH!!!! ^0^

    FOUR FRIGGIN' WEEKS to go, and they're STILL putting this one ON THE LISTS!!

    <puts megaphone to Bob's ear>
    NO...VEM...BER...30...TH!!!!!--
    Here, we know you don't believe the rest of us:
    http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=612586

    (Like we already told title-masturbation posters the *last* four
    separate times they ground out these threads!)

    Derek Janssen (people, please--Let's NOT have to go through this
    again...It's falling well into the category of Special Education)

    Derek Janssen, Nov 1, 2004
  6. On the movie groups, they say "IMDb is Your Friend[tm]".

    Here on the DVD groups, we say, "DVDPricesearch.com is your Survival Kit".
    http://www.dvdpricesearch.com

    (Namely, it's been the best resource for finding out how to slap down
    the goofballs who keep asking for "King Kong Lives", "Little Monsters",
    and "The Keep".)

    Derek Janssen

    Derek Janssen, Nov 1, 2004
  7. Tad Bitt§ï£

    N2 Guest

    "Until the End of the World". Wim Wenders masterpiece.

    N2, Nov 1, 2004
  8. Tad Bitt§ï£

    DAM Guest

    Kong.
    dam

    DAM, Nov 1, 2004
  9. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Magpie13 Guest

    "The Phantom Tollbooth"

    Marq

    Magpie13, Nov 1, 2004
  10. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Stan Brown Guest

    No. Neither of them carries every DVD ever made, or even every DVD
    in current production. Would you go to any one bookstore and if they
    don't have a given book, you assume the book isn't available from
    any source?

    The IMDB is a captive of Amazon (a source of resentment to those of
    us who worked hard to build it up by compiling information, then saw
    it sold by the developers out from under us without so much as a
    thank-you). I would not order from Amazon unless its price was WAY
    lower than anybody else's -- I've had to many problems.

    I don't know if it's 100% complete, but I think
    http://dvdpricesearch.com is your best bet for what's available. And
    a side benefit is that you can virtually always get better prices
    than at Amazon.

    Stan Brown, Nov 1, 2004
  11. Tad Bitt§ï£

    jayembee Guest

    Well, I don't know about "the last word". I just used the Amazon link
    as "proof" that it's available. I knew that BRIGADOON existed on DVD
    because I have a copy.

    At any rate, I wouldn't say that anyone is "the last word". For
    example, THE RAPTURE is coming out tomorrow. Amazon lists
    it, but DVD Planet does not.

    If I'm looking to see if a particular title is available, I'd check
    several places.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 1, 2004
  12. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Mike Kohary Guest

    Mike Kohary, Nov 1, 2004
  13. Paramount's "Lady Sings The Blues"
    Hopefully, with a director's and cast commentary from Sidney J. Furie
    and Diana Ross, plus a newly re-mastered anamorphic transfer, and a 5.1
    Dolby Digital track. With extras, documentaries, and deleted scenes!

    I heard that "Lady" was on hold because of the music copyrights.

    "Looking For Mr. Goodbar" (see "Lady')

    Maverick Dude, Nov 1, 2004
  14. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Shinner Guest

    55 Stay Alive!

    Shinner, Nov 1, 2004
  15. "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" MGM botched this one up with a
    non-anamorphic transfer and mono soundtrack. The laserdisc contained a
    cast commentary and a re-mastered stereo surround track. Why did MGM
    bother to re-release TSHDT with no extras?

    Maverick Dude, Nov 1, 2004
  16. Tad Bitt§ï£

    DBR Guest

    Shirley Valentine... but I see that it's on it's way to a region-two
    release.

    DBR, Nov 1, 2004
  17. Tad Bitt§ï£

    jml Guest

    Antartica by Koreyoshi Kurahara.

    jml, Nov 1, 2004
  18. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Jay Moseley Guest

    Tag: The Assassination Game (1982)

    Jay Moseley, Nov 1, 2004
  19. Tad Bitt§ï£

    FAQmeister Guest

    Lifeboat
    All the Bogart movies that haven't already been released on DVD
    All the Lon Chaney movies that haven't already been released on DVD

    FAQmeister, Nov 1, 2004
  20. Tad Bitt§ï£

    karlpov Guest

    I couldn't stick to one title here.

    For movies I've seen:

    1900 (uncut)
    The Black Cat (Lugosi/Karloff)
    Cat People
    Curse of the Cat People
    La Dérobade (Diary of a French Whore)
    The Devil's Disciple (the greatest Kirk & Burt movie ever written by a
    Stalinist)
    Diary of a Mad Housewife
    Gabriela (Sonia Braga, Marcello Mastrioanni)
    The Honey Pot
    If I Were King (Ronald Colman, Basil Rathbone)

    Oh heck, I'll stop there. For movies I haven't seen, I'd particularly
    like:

    Captain Clegg a.k.a. Night Creaturess
    Es Ist Nicht Leicht ein Gott zu Sein
    The Long Voyage Home