Which film not yet on dvd do you want the most..

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Tad Bitt§ï£, Oct 31, 2004.

  1. The Glass Slipper
    It's Always Fair Weather

    Maureen Goldman, Oct 31, 2004

  2. The one that was filmed before 9/11 and is being withheld by the
    government. Thats when George Bush talks with Bin Ladin, and
    discusses the best way to blow up the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

    stop-killer-bush, Oct 31, 2004

  3. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Jeffman316 Guest

    King Kong Lives is on DVD from Fox.
    Fullscreen and Widescreen are on the DVD.

    Jeffman

    Jeffman316, Oct 31, 2004
  4. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Stan Brown Guest

    Wow! I'm surprised that one's not on DVD.

    That's the one where the three guys are dancing with garbage-can
    lids strapped to their shoes, right?

    Stan Brown, Oct 31, 2004
  5. Tad Bitt§ï£

    luminos Guest

    It amazes me that Footlight Parade etc. are not yet out!

    luminos, Oct 31, 2004
  6. Okay, folks, it's Title-Masturbation time again (where has the month
    gone?), so remember the rules:

    - Always identify your thread as:
    A) Trivia-smartypants
    B) Unreleased-title archivist, in full,
    or
    C) Anal-retentive fullscreen/edit avenger who wants nothing but boxsets

    and

    - Any player who mentions a title that's ALREADY OUT on DVD will be
    automatically out for the rest of the game.

    So, will our next contestant sign in please:
    --BZZT! Ohhh, *bad* luck, Aphelion!:
    http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?userid=00000895510137

    Went for the easy-gag classics, but our current ever-changing industry
    tripped you up at the end--
    Still, thanks for playing, we've got more players to go, and a good try
    for the first quarter...Who's next?

    Derek Janssen (Queen's "Another One Bites the Dust" plays on stadium organ)

    Derek Janssen, Oct 31, 2004
  7. Okay, folks, it's Title-Masturbation time again (where has the month
    (Oops, that's: http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=609433 )
    Don't want to stand between a customer and the movie he *dearly loves*
    so...)

    Derek Janssen, Oct 31, 2004
  8. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Mac Guest

    I don't know about most, but I'd like to see NIGHT MOVES, POINT BLANK and
    THE YAKUZA.
    --
    --Mac
    Subscribe to a Magazine that loves movies as much as you do..

    www.cinemaretro.com

    Read how they made 'em like they used to.

    Mac, Oct 31, 2004
  9. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Del March Guest

    Un Chein Andalou

    Del March, Oct 31, 2004
  10. Heavens no, I'd never insult their taste in movies--
    I'm insulting their taste in POSTING:

    I mean, really: What IS the zombie-like mind-control that automatically
    causes the *entire group* to leap on the thread for a month solid
    whenever some newbie says "Hey, is 'Ice Pirates' out yet?" every six
    weeks by the clock...
    And why do they keep devolving into the EXACT SAME three above posts,
    each poster thinking he's the first person on Planet Earth to ever post it??

    (And get right down to it, what would *you* call an activity that you
    spend a lot of time and energy on getting your interests personally
    excited over some wish that's not really happening, and which hasn't
    really accomplished anything in the end?...)

    Derek Janssen (face it, folks, you won't find too many different words
    in the thesaurus)

    Derek Janssen, Oct 31, 2004
  11. Tad Bitt§ï£

    P Pron Guest

    Not forgetting Lost Horizon '70s remake (another very watchable stinker)

    and 12:01, (a good TVM, which I've worn my VHS of).

    paul

    P Pron, Oct 31, 2004
  12. Tad Bitt§ï£

    harrison Guest

    Serial

    Dave

    harrison, Oct 31, 2004
  13. That's the one. Three former GI's reunite 10 years after they parted,
    only to find that they don't much like each other any more... and in
    some cases what they've become versus their expectations. Damned fine
    musical.

    Maureen Goldman, Nov 1, 2004
  14. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Tabernacle Guest

    With so much new stuff coming out on DVD each month,well lets just say
    with me it's not so much a question of what I want that ain't out yet,
    but it's how I can keep up with whats already out!

    Frankly I am more concerned with waiting more for the titles I really
    want to come down into the price range I feel they are really
    worth!Heck I ain't going to pay $19.99 (or more) for what I can likely
    get 10 or 12 months later for $9.99 or less!

    Anyway with that said there are a few titles not out yet that I really
    would like to see come out sooner than later like April Love, The
    Cheyenne Social Club,Soldier Blue,Hannie Caulder, Harper Valley PTA
    and of course the I Dream of Jeannie TV Show(which IMHO should have
    been out years ago)!

    Tabernacle, Nov 1, 2004
  15. Kiss Meets the Phantom of the Park

    SpiderManHouston, Nov 1, 2004
  16. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Stan Brown Guest

    Stinker? I agree. Watchable? I'm not so sure. "Question me an answer
    -- Answer me a question" lost me.

    Stan Brown, Nov 1, 2004
  17. Tad Bitt§ï£

    Bob D. Guest

    "The Keep", darn good horror flick. I finally broke down and bought it on
    VHS. Oh yes, the wife wants "Brigadoon". I can't believe that one isn't out
    yet!

    BTW, is Netflix making DVDs now? I just watched "House", and Netflix had
    their name on the disc. Maybe Netflix is going to provide us with the old
    classics that are out of print.

    Bob D.

    Bob D., Nov 1, 2004
  18. Tad Bitt§ï£

    jayembee Guest

    Pre-1970: GREED [reconstructed version] (1924)

    Post-1970: RESURRECTION (1980)

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Nov 1, 2004
  19. Well, there was a bootleg telecine of the pre "new hope" marked prints
    that has found it's way around(I have a really BAAAAD copy of it). It
    also has the one of the three early sound mixes (seperate mixes were
    made for mono, dolby stereo and 6 track stereo that had minor
    differences from each other. For instance the mix on this telecine has
    Aunt Beru's actresses' real voice, later versions its was looped).

    Also, I'm sure some enterprising bootleger will take the non "new hope"
    crawl snippet in the documentary, stitch it to the laserdisc original
    version and maybe even take that original telecine soundtrack and sync
    it up (though that would perhaps be overkill) and Voila! The 1977
    version of Star Wars.

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Nov 1, 2004
  20. Tad Bitt§ï£