    I'm trying to find the part numbers for IOS upgrade featureset with Firewall
    and VPN (to do cryptomaps) for a 1721 and a 2651XM.

    Thanks!

    This Old Man, Jul 23, 2003

  2. :I'm trying to find the part numbers for IOS upgrade featureset with Firewall
    :and VPN (to do cryptomaps) for a 1721 and a 2651XM.

    The Feature Navigator is great for this kind of question,
    if you have access to it.

    For the 1721, IPSEC is only available in conjunction with
    ADSL and PLUS. Unfortunately, PLUS requires noticably more memory.
    IP/ADSL/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES requires 48 Mb DRAM and 16 MB flash
    on the 1721. The part number is S17C7HK9- followed by the release,
    such as S17C7HK9-12301= for 12.3(1a). The image name is
    c1700-k9o3sy7-mz.12.3-1a .

    For the 2651XM, again IPSEC requires PLUS, but not ADSL.
    IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES is (e.g.) S26CHK9-12301=, image name
    c2600-ik9o3s-mz.12.3-1a, and it requires 96 Mb DRAM, 32 Mb flash.

    There was a IP/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES BASIC in 12.2(13)T1a (and *only*
    that release), but not much information seems to be available about it.
    Clearly a dead end anyhow.

    Walter Roberson, Jul 23, 2003

  3. This Old Man

    This Old Man Guest