    take first? I have never taken a MS exam before so pleasea advise.

    Thanks!
    Ronak

    Guest, Sep 27, 2005

  2. I'd recommend 70-290. Although I never have taken 70-086, I think 290 will
    be a good base for the exam.

    Bill McPherson, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thank you. That's what I was thinking but I have heard how tough the 290 is
    but I guess it's about the same as the 086.

    Which book is recommended for the 290? We have Transcenders so I will be
    doing that.

    Thanks
    Ronak

    Guest, Sep 27, 2005
  4. Guest

    m0rk Guest

    one question per day quota reached... all other FAQ's should be routed to
    http://www.google.com

    m0rk

    m0rk, Sep 27, 2005
  5. Use MS Press, it's fine for 290. I don't know how tough 70-086 is, but
    70-290 is pretty easy, except for dumb people. Dumb people don't do well,
    unless they cheat. Are you a cheater? I don't think so, but we'll be
    watching you...

    Bill McPherson, Sep 27, 2005
  6. Guest

    Neil Guest

    yes I like the cut of your jib Bill. now munge your e-mail addy will ya.
    (afore ya get something that requires an injection to cure).

    Neil, Sep 27, 2005
  7. Guest

    Neil Guest

    Sybex have been my friend but I also like to recommend people go through
    the MOC for the exam (courses 2273, 2274, 2275). You should take the
    instructor lead courses from me too as it will help pay for my kids
    edjamakayshen.

    (and definitely take the 290 BEFORE SMS)

    Neil, Sep 27, 2005
  8. Yeah, that's not my e-mail, but adjusted anyways.

    Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

    Bill McPherson, Sep 27, 2005
  9. Guest

    FrisbeeĀ® Guest

    Well if you ever aspire to become an MCNGP, I suggest that you DO post a
    real, munged e-mail addy. I hate bounced e-mails. This goes not just to
    you, but other posters in this here froup who might one day aspire to
    achieve the only true, elite certification in IT.

    FrisbeeĀ®, Sep 28, 2005