    most compatible dvd's for public consumption. Especially since the
    host players will be of every make and variety.

    Thanks for any and all help.

    Scarab, Sep 10, 2003

  2. Scarab

    Jay G Guest

    If you want 100% compatibility, and are going to make over
    100 copies, then DVD replication in an actual pressing plant
    would be the best answer. Check the site below:
    http://www.nofrillsdvd.com/replication/

    Note that I have no idea if the link is to a reputable dealer
    or if their prices are competitive. I jus ticked it because
    it was the first to come up in a search that had price quotes.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Sep 10, 2003

  3. I don't think its a matter of which burner, rather a mater of which format.

    http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Specific.asp?ArticleHeadline=DVD
    Media%20Format%20Compatibility%20Tests&Series=0

    That study shows that the minus R format is compatible with almost 97
    percent of DVD players whilst the plus R format is compatible with just over
    87 percent of players.

    Colon Terminus, Sep 10, 2003
  4. Scarab

    Pug Fugley2 Guest

    format.

    Actually the deciding factor in the end is the DVD player. If the user has a
    piece of crap player, it won't play -R or +R either one. The formats are
    both about the same, the most important part of the equation is the DVD
    player.

    Pug Fugley2, Sep 10, 2003
  5. Scarab

    DarkMatter Guest

    Why don't you ask in one of the burning groups, where the question
    is actually on topic, and appropriate, which it is not here.

    DarkMatter, Sep 11, 2003
  6. Scarab

    Allan Guest

    -R

    Pioneer A06

    Or you might want to keep an eye on the new Plextor.

    Allan, Sep 24, 2003
  7. Scarab

    Allan Guest

    A DVD recordable question is "off topic" in a DVD newsgroup?

    Allan, Sep 24, 2003
  8. Yes. Those discussions are better taken to alt.video.dvdr don't you think?

    Matthew

    --
    <http://www.mlmartin.com/bbq/>

    Thermodynamics For Dummies: You can't win.
    You can't break even.
    You can't get out of the game.

    Matthew L. Martin, Sep 24, 2003
  9. Scarab

    Allan Guest

    Why? The FAQ for DVD contains lots of discussion on DVD Recordable.

    This newsgroups isn't called DVDsoftware... DVDhardware. It's
    alt.video.dvd

    Allan, Sep 25, 2003
  10. What does the content of the FAQ have to do with what is on topic in
    this newsgroup? The FAQ is a general document. It is not the FAQ of this
    newsgroup.
    It is pretty well known that if a newsgroup exists to discuss a
    particular topic, then discussions of that topic are best done in that
    newsgroup. alt.video.dvdr exists and it should be the newsgroup in which
    DVD recording is disucssed. If anything, it is to a poster's advantage
    to use the appropriate newsgroup. There is likely to be a higher
    percentage of experienced, helpful people there to deal with on topic
    questions.

    Matthew

    Matthew L. Martin, Sep 25, 2003