    Oliver Wen Guest

    I want to take photos of sharks, piranhas and crocodiles.

    Which digital camera can you recommend for that purpose ?

    Oliver Wen, Dec 15, 2005

  2. Oliver Wen

    ASAAR Guest

    Get yourself a bloody Nikonos and have at it.

    ASAAR, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Oliver Wen

    Gizmo Guest

    Depends on the depth, and your budget

    Gizmo, Dec 15, 2005
  4. Oliver Wen

    CeeBee Guest

    Any camera will do. Try it, you'll be amazed.

    CeeBee, Dec 15, 2005
  5. Oliver Wen

    Joan Guest

    Are you planning to get into the water with the crocodiles?

    Great menu!

    Joan, Dec 15, 2005
  6. Oliver Wen

    grumpy Guest

    Will you be in a submarine?

    grumpy, Dec 15, 2005
  7. Oliver Wen

    Mark Guest

    Get a casing for your camera--preferably a nuclear (or if you're Bush,
    nukuler) submarine

    Mark, Dec 15, 2005
  8. Oliver Wen

    Celcius Guest

    I had one.
    Not an easy camera to handle.
    Marcel

    Celcius, Dec 15, 2005
  9. Oliver Wen

    Celcius Guest

    Oliver,
    You're trolling here ;-)

    Photos of sharks, yup. It's done. I've done it many times.

    Piranhas? Heu, heu, heu.... First, it's not in the same place, then
    it's something else... They will eat a cow in a matter of minutes.
    Imagine an urban photographer and troller...

    As for crocodiles, better from land, but watch it, they're ultra fast.

    Have yourself a merry Xmas!

    Marcel

    Celcius, Dec 15, 2005
  10. Please consider NOT RESPONDING to this attempted thread. If you must, then
    remove his tracking newsgroup and trophy case, id.vedur, from
    the NEWSGROUPS line (or whatever it takes with _your_ newsreader to prevent
    crossposting).

    Every month or so, using a fictitious name, this troll floods 5000
    newsgroups (all cross-posted to one or more low-traffic but unrelated
    "scorecard" newsgroups) with superficially relevant comments. The
    purpose is to disrupt with off-topic crosspostings. Browse the
    id.vedur newsgroup, his current score card, for the
    "big picture" on the person you are replying to.
    He is known as the "anagram troll" because his fictitious names are often
    discovered to be anagrams:

    Oliver Wen -----> Wolverine
    Stevie Mormon -----> Monster Movie
    Lance H. Albertin -----> Hannibal Lecter
    Archie Tannbell -----> Hannibal Lecter
    Caine Barthnell -----> Hannibal Lecter
    Arnie N. Techball -----> Hannibal Lecter
    Nathaniel Clerb -----> Hannibal Lecter
    Allan Niceberth -----> Hannibal Lecter
    Eliot Coweye -----> Wilee Coyote
    Gerry Lintonice -----> Nitroglycerine
    Tristan Beeline -----> Albert Einstein
    Winnie Oakbob -----> Obi-wan Kenobi
    Paul Eisner -----> Super Alien
    Tom-Alex Soorhull -----> Homosexual Troll
    Lester T. Linpord -----> President Troll
    Karl Reitlos -----> Kaiser Troll
    Rick Stoll -----> Sick Troll
    Karl-Hugo Weesberg -----> George Walker Bush
    Hans-Marc Olsen -----> Charles Manson
    Eric Coldo -----> Crocodile
    G.K. Konnig -----> King Kong
    Brian Raab -----> Barbarian
    Pablo Rena -----> Anal Probe
    Patrick Kain -----> Captain Kirk
    Alberto Panno-Peano -----> Napoleon Bonaparte
    Ted Harvard -----> Darth Vader
    Faith Dorell -----> Adolf Hitler
    Leah Lidtorf -----> Adolf Hitler
    Ralf Dieholt -----> Adolf Hitler
    Blaine Adamson -----> Osama Bin-Laden
    Adam Ben Nalois -----> Osama Bin-Laden
    Shane D. Maudiss -----> Sadam Hussein
    Keith J. Crapper -----> Jack The Ripper
    Stan J. Lefosi -----> Josef Stalin
    Evan-Josh Roose -----> Jason Voorhees
    Bruno Beam -----> Unabomber
    Dan Simper -----> Spiderman

    Other aliases he has used:

    Charles Immey
    Harlan Osier
    Like all trolls, he means to annoy and disrupt. The tracking newsgroup is
    the way he "keeps score" of how much damage he has caused. Don't put
    yourself on display in his trophy case.

    Google groups (the service the troll uses to post) has already expressed
    that will not take action based on complaints about this type of behavior.

    .:\:/:.
    +-------------------+ .:\:\:/:/:.
    +-------------------+ / \
    | | @@@ / /|,,,,,|\ \
    | | @@@ /_// /^\ \\_\
    @[email protected]@[email protected] | | |/ WW( ( ) )WW
    \||||/ | | \| __\,,\ /,,/__
    \||/ | | | jgs (______Y______)
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

    whack-a-troll, Dec 15, 2005
  11. Oliver Wen

    ASAAR Guest

    I had one too but didn't use it very much. Made a nice gift.

    ASAAR, Dec 15, 2005
  12. On the off-chance you're serious, you're not looking for a camera;
    youi're looking for a marine housing. Find a housing you like, and buy
    whatever camera fits in it.

    Scott Schuckert, Dec 15, 2005
  13. Oliver Wen

    Bill Funk Guest

    Hmmm...
    Yahoo email, posted from Google, stupid question. Fits a pattern.

    Bill Funk, Dec 15, 2005
  14. Ya, but... That'll break my killfile checking -- which killed ALL the
    other silliness of this thread.

    Allodoxaphobia, Dec 15, 2005
  15. Oliver Wen

    George Kerby Guest