    Sony DSC-V1

    Thank you.

    -Lauree

    Lauree, Oct 29, 2004

  2. Try www.dpreview.com or www.megapixel.net.
    This should help you make up your mind.
    Have you considered the Nikon D-70 or one of the Canon DSLR's if you like
    DSLR's.

    Charles Eaves, Oct 29, 2004

  3. Lauree

    Mike Henley Guest

    I looked at the Canon powershot s60, s70, g6, a95, and the pentax and
    olympus xmp cameras, as well as the casio 6 and 7mp cameras, and
    finally decided to buy the fuji f810, which is fully featured, and
    outperform them all in resolution, noise performance at high iso, and
    speed of performance. Go to dpreview.com and see their last 3 reviews;
    of the fuji f810, e550 and canon s70, and in particular see the pages
    where they compare them against each other.

    I can't wait to get it, it'll hopefully arrive next week.

    Mike Henley, Oct 30, 2004
  4. Lauree

    Fred B. Guest

    The Canon S1 IS is like a mini SLR and does just about everything. It does
    not have a macro setting though. Very powerful little camera. No optical
    viewfinder, as it has a "mini lcd" inside the camera to use with the
    eyepiece when not using the external lcd screen. It is one fabulous camera.

    Fred B., Oct 30, 2004
  5. Lauree

    Alan Meyer Guest

    I have owned a Canon S30, an early mark in the S60/70
    series. I thought it was a very high quality piece of
    equipment with a sharp lens and good construction.
    It took good pictures. I'm sure you will find the
    S60 and S70 to be very high quality as well.

    For myself, I'm considering buying the Pentax 750Z,
    but there are no professional reviews of it yet. It's
    a bit lighter in weight than the Canons and has an
    5:1 zoom that's very impressive for such a small
    camera. The Pentax Optio SV is another one that's
    even smaller and lighter with 5:1, but with 5mp instead
    of 7.

    However I won't buy it until some reviews come out.

    Pentax, are you reading this group? If so, please send
    some cameras to www.steves-digicams.com and to
    www.dpreview.com for them to review.

    Alan

    Alan Meyer, Oct 30, 2004
  6. Lauree

    Scott Guest

    You can see ratings and reviews and comments from current owners of
    these cameras here:
    http://digital-camera.review-center.com/catalog/product.php?ASIN=B00008O35T

    -Scott

    Scott, Nov 24, 2004