    have this feature?

    Thanks,
    Anoushka

    Anoushka, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Anoushka

    MisNomer Guest

    I have an old Agfa ephoto that will take pictures (without a flash) when it is
    hooked up to the computer, but it will save them in the camera, and then you
    would have to download them to the computer. It takes a sorta good pic of
    scenery and things, but not of people.

    My new Fuji one doesn't take pics while connected to the computer but can act as
    a web cam without saving it to the memory in the camera. Haven't tried to get
    stills from that process, or for that matter save them to the computer.

    I think the limitation would be the length of the cable from camera to computer.

    take care
    Liz

    MisNomer, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Anoushka

    Dan J. S. Guest

    Check out axis.com. They specialize in network cameras, that connect to your
    LAN and take pictures when there is motion, etc and upload to your computer.
    Also, most web cams have the ability to dump directly to your pc, usually
    with free software that you have to download in addition.

    Dan J. S., Mar 2, 2004
  4. Anoushka

    Don Guest

    Don, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Anoushka

    Cool Hand Guest

    Fuji s7000z, but it is too expensive to use it as a webcam.

    On 1 Mar 2004 22:35:09 -0800, (Anoushka) wrote:

    =>Hi,
    =>
    =>i have heard that some of the newer digital cameras allow you to
    =>connect them to a computer and take shots simultaneously, thereby
    =>allowing one to record as long as there is free space on your
    =>harddisk.
    =>
    =>Can someone let me know whether this is indeed true, and which cameras
    =>have this feature?
    =>
    =>Thanks,
    =>Anoushka

    Cool Hand, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Anoushka

    NightOwl Guest

    my Canon EOS300D can do it and if I'm not mistaking my Olympus Mju 300 too

    NightOwl, Mar 3, 2004