    Dubai. Also, is there one online site one recommend other than ebay?

    thanks.
    apkesh

    Apkesh, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Apkesh

    sheebie Guest

    The list price of the Rebel (kit) in Singapore is US$1180, street
    price a week ago was US$1080 for cash payment (not credit card). Full
    warranty, not gray market.

    I don't know Hong Kong prices, but they're usually around the same as
    Singapore.

    I think these are slightly higher than the US?

    - Sheebie

    sheebie, Mar 5, 2004

  3. Apkesh

    Paul J Gans Guest

    $999 at B&H with the 18-55 mm lens. $899 without lens.

    ==== Paul J. Gans

    Paul J Gans, Mar 6, 2004
  4. Apkesh

    Dylan Guest

    Also depends where you come from, with $1.9 = £1 the US is cheap from the
    UK.

    Dylan, Mar 6, 2004
  5. Apkesh

    sheebie Guest

    Definitely.

    I would guess that the answer to the OP on which country has the
    cheapest digital SLR's is probably "USA".

    Places like Singapore tend to be cheap for lower-end, mass-market
    electronics, but not for something like this. We just don't have a big
    enough market to get really competitive pricing.

    However, the kit price of US$1180 I gave included GST (VAT) of 5%,
    which an overseas buyer would be able to claim back (less handling
    costs), so it's not quite so far away from the US prices.

    - Sheebie

    sheebie, Mar 6, 2004