    I m wondering which Cisco firewall product have built-in support TACACS+?

    Thanks
    Sam

    sam, Jan 30, 2005

  2. :I m wondering which Cisco firewall product have built-in support TACACS+?

    According to the Feature Navigator, TACACS+ is indexed against:

    1601-1604, 1601R-1605R, 1720, 1750, 2501-2525, 2620-2621,
    3620, 3640, 7200, 826, 827, 827H, 828

    However, there were some TACACS+ features added in IOS 11.2 that
    are indexed against many more items. This suggests that, as per usual,
    the Feature Navigator hasn't been informed about support for the
    base TACACS+ feature on most of them. Then there's the case of
    TACACS+ being listed against some products if you go to them specifically
    but the fact isn't picked up by the Feature Navigator searcher...
    And the Feature Navigator doesn't index the PIX firewall line.

    When I plug TACACS+ into the Feature Navigator and look at the
    list of Feature Sets that it is supported in, the list is the longest
    list I have ever seen, and includes many Feature Set combinations
    that I have never heard of before.

    I think that it's fairly safe to say that every product that Cisco
    makes that you would consider to be a "firewall" has some degree of
    TACACS+ support.

    Now the question: what do you want to be able to -do- with TACACS+ ?
    Just having "support" for it can mean a lot of different things.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 30, 2005