    I wish to take up the related certification.
    Kindly suggest me suitable which exam I can take up.

    Thanks & Regards

    Supriya, Dec 13, 2007

  2. Supriya

    Marc Guest

    Marc, Dec 14, 2007

  3. Supriya

    Supriya Guest

    Supriya, Dec 17, 2007
  4. 70-315 Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft
    Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Prepare for this exam with:
    2124: Programming with C#
    AND
    2310: Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual
    Studio .NET
    AND
    2389: Programming ADO.NET
    Prepare for this exam with:
    2311: Advanced Web Application Development using Microsoft ASP.NET
    OR
    2609: Introduction to C# Programming with Microsoft .NET
    OR
    2640: Upgrading Web Development Skills from ASP to Microsoft ASP.NET

    MCSD Visual C#.Net Core Exam: Window Application Development: Must
    Pass All Exams
    70-316 Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with
    Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Prepare for this
    exam with:
    2124: Programming with C#
    AND
    2555: Developing Microsoft .NET Applications for Windows (Visual C#
    ..NET)
    AND
    2389: Programming ADO.NET
    Prepare for this exam with:
    2609: Introduction to C# Programming with Microsoft .NET

    MCSD Visual C#.Net Core Exam: XML Web Services and Server Components
    Development: Must Pass All Exams
    70-320 Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with
    Microsoft Visual C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework Prepare for this exam
    with:
    2524: Developing XML Web Services Using Microsoft ASP.NET
    AND
    2389: Programming ADO.NET
    Prepare for this exam with:
    2526: Developing Distributed Applications with Microsoft .NET Remoting
    OR
    2557: Building COM+ Applications Using Microsoft .NET Enterprise
    Services
    OR
    2609: Introduction to C# Programming with Microsoft .NET

    MCSD Visual C#.Net Core Exam: Solution Architecture: Must Pass All
    Exams
    70-300 Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution
    Architectures Prepare for this exam with:
    2710: Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution
    Architectures

    MCSD Visual C#.Net Elective Exam: Must Pass All Exams
    70-229 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database Design and Implementation
    Prepare for this exam with:
    2071: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Transact-SQL
    OR
    2723: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 for Experienced Database Professionals
    OR
    2073: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database Design and Implementation

    Hope this helps. Let me know!

    Jason Mcmurray, Dec 29, 2007
  5. Jason, there are two things to consider when looking at MCAD/MCTS exams in
    the development area.

    First, the .NET Framework v1.1 exams, as you've seen, are language specific.
    70-315 Web Applications with C#
    70-316 Windows Applications with C#
    70-320 XML Web Services and Server Components with C#

    There's an equivalent set of exams at:
    70-305 Web Applications with VB
    70-306 Windows Application with VB
    70-310 XML Web Services and Server Components with VB.

    To obtain the MCAD, its really only a question of Windows vs Web -- where
    does your basic experience with VC# exist? That's where I would suggest you
    proceed from. Note, also, that the MCAD requires two exams, one of the
    windows/web app exams, and one of 70-310 or 70-320.

    Note, however, that for the MCTS (.NET Framework v2.0) exams, the decision
    between VB and VC# is not made at hte time of exam registration (e.g. 70-305
    vs 70-315), but rather at the moment you sit down for the exam (during the
    instructions you'll pick your preferred language).

    70-528 Web-Based Client Development, or
    70-526 Windows-Based Client Development

    plus all MCTS certs require 70-536 Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Application
    Development Foundation.

    Second, the other *critical* question is -- which version of C# have you
    been studying?

    If you've been working with Visual C# 2003 (and .NET Framework v1.1) then
    you're on the right exam track;
    however, if you've been working with Visual C# 2005 (Express Edition?)
    (and .NET Framework v2.0),

    then you probably want to be starting with the 70-536, followed by one of
    the 70-526 or 70-528 (again, the question being windows vs web).

    Note: merely studying the language will not likely serve you well in passing
    the exams, though it is possible. Ideally you should have some actual
    experience developing real-world applications. A *great* place to get this
    kind of experience is a non-profit (who are always seeking volunteers), or a
    small business (who might be willing to create an unpaid internship) looking
    to develop a new custom windows or web application. Another great way is to
    come up with your own concept for an application that has a real-world need,
    and build it yourself, into a completed product.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Dec 29, 2007