which brand of replacement battery for canon NB-1L (or 1LH) is best?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by peter, Dec 25, 2004.

  1. peter

    peter Guest

    While shopping for a replacement battery for an aging powershot S230, I
    found non canon battery made by:

    lenmar
    delkin
    maxell
    sunpak
    maha
    vidpro
    and no brand

    The cheapest is a no brand selling for $4 apiece plus $5 shipping.

    The priciest is vidpro NB1LH replacement selling for $26 apiece, which it
    claims has 1200mAh

    Most other brands' claim 770mAh and sell for around $14.

    My main concern is that the battery doesn't explode in the camera. The
    secondary concern is to get the best deal. Any suggestions?

    peter, Dec 25, 2004

  2. peter

    Nostrobino Guest

    I have no experience with that particular battery size, but I have bought
    no-name Li-ion replacement batteries for my Canon, Pentax and Minolta
    cameras on eBay, and so far all have worked fine with no explosions or other
    bad surprises.

    N.

    Nostrobino, Dec 26, 2004