    partitions on the C: drive. Unknown and Errors.

    TIA
    Arawak

    Arawak, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Arawak

    Mr. Smiley Guest

    Mr. Smiley, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Arawak

    Harrison Guest

    How do you have two partitions on the C: drive?

    Restore the boot record relevant to your installed OS.
    If you don't know how to do that, then search google for "Restore
    Windows ______ boot record" Fill in the blank with your version.
    To recover files, you could try reinstalling Windows, placing the
    drive in another computer, or booting to a Knoppix CD.

    Harrison, Dec 12, 2003
  4. Arawak

    SgtMinor Guest

    Don't know about "absolute best" but I've had success myself with
    [email protected] from http://www.partition-recovery.com/partition.htm. You can
    download a free demo and if that shows that it can find your data, you
    may want to pay the thirty bucks for the full program.

    Have not tried, but have heard good things about PCInspector, freeware:

    http://www.pcinspector.de/file_recovery/uk/welcome.htm

    SgtMinor, Dec 12, 2003
  5. Arawak

    owlbird Guest