    Can any of you suggest which other newsgroups, or web sites
    advise people on questions of upgrading PC computer memory?

    Advance thanks

    Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj, Oct 7, 2006

  2. Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

    Travis Guest

    alt.computer
    alt.computers

    Are the main, but if you want more, use Outlook Express or Windows Mail to
    set up a news account to news.telus.net with no authentication and it will
    download 60,000+ newsgroups. Then just filter ones like "computer" and
    "hardware" or "computer hardware", you get the idea.

    Subscribe to more longer and specific ones for a better and smarter answer,
    or short and general for a better response and a more chance of people
    seeing it, like

    post in alt.computer.hardware instead of
    alt.computer.hardware.processor.amd.support as not as many people read that.

    Travis, Oct 8, 2006

  3. Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

    Duane Arnold Guest

    www.crucial.com and enter in the make and model. The site will tell you
    everything you need to know. You can even call them.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 8, 2006
  4. Rostyslaw J. Lewyckyj

    grappletech Guest

    RAM, at about 60 bucks per 512mb, is such a great 'bang for the buck'
    investment to really up a system's performance. There are tons of
    knuckleheads who bought a 1.8 gigahertz or similar PC 3 years ago, and
    instead of upgrading their paltry 256MB RAM to 512, 768, or 1 gig now,
    they instead run out and drop $1000 on a new system they probably don't
    really need. There are tons of people running 256mb ram, bitching about
    "this slow ass PC!" Also, people need to be told about keeping their
    msconfig.exe "startup" folder to the bare minimum to avoid all these
    unnecessary resource hog programs from running in the background.

    grappletech, Oct 8, 2006