    BB
    NZ

    --

    BB, Feb 28, 2004

  2. BB

    Bruce Flyger Guest

    BB wrote:
    > Is a regular tv antenna enough, or do you need one similar to Sky's UHF
    > antenna?
    >
    > I've got it working ok, but using the regular tv antenna can only get TV3
    > and C4 so far....any tips would be appreciated.
    >
    > Rgds
    >
    > BB
    > NZ

    To achieve the best possible decoding performance you need a nice crisp
    picture. A good quality, well positioned UHF aerial, is the only real
    option when striving for picture quality required by HVCPLUS.

    Bruce Flyger, Feb 28, 2004

  3. BB

    Tum Guest

    "The Gizmo" made by linkrad in christchurch is quite a good attenna for
    picking up UHF channels like prime, sky, etc. Make sure you get the extra
    UHF booster prongs.

    Tum, Feb 29, 2004
  4. BB

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:02:15 +1300, "Tum" <> wrote:

    >"The Gizmo" made by linkrad in christchurch is quite a good attenna for
    >picking up UHF channels like prime, sky, etc. Make sure you get the extra
    >UHF booster prongs.

    I don't usually comment on anyones spelling in a post, but there is
    sort of a need to this time. The name of the company is Lincrad.

    www.lincrad.co.nz

    The gizmo is only suitable for Auckland, Palmerston North,
    Christchurch, & Dunedin. They make other aerials too though.

    Craig Shore, Feb 29, 2004
  5. BB

    CollectorNZ Guest

    Tum wrote:

    >"The Gizmo" made by linkrad in christchurch is quite a good attenna for
    >picking up UHF channels like prime, sky, etc. Make sure you get the extra
    >UHF booster prongs.
    >
    >"BB" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Is a regular tv antenna enough, or do you need one similar to Sky's UHF
    >>antenna?
    >>
    >>I've got it working ok, but using the regular tv antenna can only get TV3
    >>and C4 so far....any tips would be appreciated.

    To decode sky you need a perfect signal. software decode cannot cope
    with the drop out if the signal is not perfect and some line encodes are
    missed.
    In short yes you need a sky (UHF) antenna.

    CollectorNZ, Feb 29, 2004
  6. BB

    James Guest

    On a related matter, in their website, Hook Technologies of Raglan, (a
    company which sells satellite products for the NZ market) claims that
    another satellite pay TV company is scheduled to start up this year
    (see http://www.hooktech.co.nz/how_does_it_work.htm)

    Who is this company and what will they be offering?
    Maybe you can answer this one, Craig?

    James, Mar 4, 2004
  7. BB

    CollectorNZ Guest

    James wrote:

    >On a related matter, in their website, Hook Technologies of Raglan, (a
    >company which sells satellite products for the NZ market) claims that
    >another satellite pay TV company is scheduled to start up this year
    >(see http://www.hooktech.co.nz/how_does_it_work.htm)
    >
    >Who is this company and what will they be offering?
    >Maybe you can answer this one, Craig?

    Well I doubt it is a company coming along to provide content to NZ more
    likely a new transponder coming on line which we will be able to receive.

    I didnt go with a sat option since I cannot get two of the four channels
    I want (Prime and Three)

    CollectorNZ, Mar 4, 2004
  8. BB

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > On a related matter, in their website, Hook Technologies of Raglan, (a
    > company which sells satellite products for the NZ market) claims that
    > another satellite pay TV company is scheduled to start up this year
    > (see http://www.hooktech.co.nz/how_does_it_work.htm)
    >
    > Who is this company and what will they be offering?
    > Maybe you can answer this one, Craig?

    Well it was going to be competition for Sky, but I think they have hit a few
    brickwalls in getting started up.

    Craig Sutton, Mar 4, 2004