Which adapter for Vonage?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Hemant Shah, Nov 16, 2004.

  1. Hemant Shah

    Hemant Shah Guest

    Folks,

    Is there a difference (as far as phone adapter features are conrecened)
    between Linksys PAP2 and WRT54GP2?

    I already have Netgear wireless router and would prefer to buy PAP2 if there
    is no difference in phone adapter features between the two.

    Circuit City has PAP2 free after rebates.

    --
    Hemant Shah /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign
    E-mail: \ / ---------------------

    Hemant Shah, Nov 16, 2004

  2. stay away from the linksys stuff all together. Vonage is no longer
    shipping them - they had problems. Use the motorola or cisco ATA's.

    T. Sean Weintz, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Hemant Shah

    Hemant Shah Guest

    Thanks for the info. When I talked with Vonage support they told me they they
    would ship me Linksys router (wired). I already have a wireless network at
    home so I asked if they would send me wireless router. The guy told me that
    they do not ship wireless router (WRT54GP2) it could only be bought at the
    retail stores.

    Then when I went to circuit city I found PAP2 free after rebates.
    I will call vonage and ask if they would ship Motorola instead.

    If I want to buy it where can I buy Cicso or Motorola phone adapters?

    Hemant Shah, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Hemant Shah

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> "T. Sean Weintz"
    They won't ship Cisco ATAs out either anymore :(

    DevilsPGD, Nov 17, 2004
  5. Hemant Shah

    maxi Guest

    That doesn't surprise me at all, I had a Linksys wireless router and
    it was the most ghastly piece of $£%^& .... sorry, rant over

    maxi, Nov 18, 2004
  6. Hemant Shah

    Hemant Shah Guest

    Thanks for the warning. Yesterday I went to Radio Shack and bought Motorola
    ATA. I was was to connect it to my router and was up and running in less
    than 10 minutes.

    Hemant Shah, Nov 18, 2004
  7. Hemant Shah

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Same here. Avoid at all costs.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Jan 5, 2005
  8. Hemant Shah

    JB Guest

    Why avoid it?

    JB, Jan 7, 2005
  9. Hemant Shah

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    Thanks for asking - I had been meaning to withdraw this bit of misdirected
    corporate slander. It's D-Link that must be avoided at all costs, I was
    tired and sloppy. Everyone go out and buy Linksys stuff.

    And the reason why all people everywhere must avoid D-Link is because of my
    personal grudge against them over the DWL-G730AP pocket wireless access
    point, which doesn't work at all (drops the connection once per minute) and
    the fact that their help desk has been no help at all in dealing with it.
    Nice people, but no help at all.

    I've done my part just yesterday, when I spent 25% more on a DSL modem from
    SMC (which works great, by the way) rather than spending anything with
    D-Link. So given that demonstrated level of commitment I surely expect
    everyone else to join the effort.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Jan 7, 2005
  10. Hemant Shah

    Paul Guest

    I just have to express my hatrid for D-Link is well
    I have a D-Link DI-704P, it's crap, crashing, no more support, etc.
    I also have a DI530TX NIC, it's crap too, very slow.

    Linksys WRT54GS with custom firmware is the way to go :D

    -Paul

    Paul, Jan 8, 2005