    thank you for that
    normal service will now resume
    ( when we find out what is "normal" anyway )

    falsename, Dec 5, 2005

  2. falsename

    norm Guest

    Couldnt find English - american either?

    norm, Dec 5, 2005

  3. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

    Just click the download button. What's downloaded is en-us.

    As I understand it, en-gb is due out in a second run of localizations,
    hopefully before the end of this week, though don't quote me on it. ;)

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 5, 2005
  4. falsename

    Jedi Fans Guest

    American English is a lot different to British English.

    Jedi Fans, Dec 6, 2005
  5. American English is a lot different to British English.
    Sure is. When they use "color" or "honor" I have no idea what they are
    on about. "Faucet", "Diaper"? Help !!!

    ;)

    Bryan

    Bryan Harrison, Dec 6, 2005
  6. Leonidas Jones schreef:
    Indeed there was a blocker bug that still needed to be fixed in en-GB,
    due out soon.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Dec 6, 2005
  7. falsename

    gwtc Guest

    The one that gets me is the Bonnet and Boot on a car. Here in Canada
    and the US we refer to them as the Hood and the Trunk.

    gwtc, Dec 6, 2005
  8. falsename

    falsename Guest

    I refuse to use a language in which it is acceptable and normal
    for men to wear "suspenders"...

    falsename, Dec 6, 2005

  9. I think this is really funny. My native language
    is Dutch and I live in The Netherlands, but I
    don't mind to read US-English or UK-English. To
    me it's almost the same ;)

    Paula

    Dustyfan nieuws, Dec 6, 2005
  10. As the saying goes, "Two nations divided by a common language"! :)

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 6, 2005
  11. falsename

    WSP Guest

    Paula
    We think it is a source of fun as well. We enjoy taking stripes off each
    other in good natured banter. Actually, Brits love US & Canadian folk
    and tolerate their bad use of our language!
    ps we also love the Dutch because they speak perfect English (saves us
    having to learn Dutch!).

    Nollaig Cridheil agus Bliadhna Mhath Ur
    WSP

    --
    OOo 2.0.1 – SeaMonkey 1.5a/1.0b (nightlies...) - Win XP sp2
    http://george-best.gonetoosoon.co.uk/

    WSP, Dec 6, 2005
  12. WSP schreef:
    Dunglish, you probably mean... http://www.dunglish.nl/

    Cheers, H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Dec 7, 2005
  13. falsename

    WSP Guest

    WSP, Dec 7, 2005
  14. WSP schreef:
    Neen, but it is a general laugh between linguists that the Dutch (and
    Flemish) think they speak English very well (and I am wagering my words
    here, because I am one of them), but they make a lot of typical
    word-to-word translation errors. Steenkolenengels, we call it (coal
    English, refering to the early days of the European Union).

    Groett, H.
    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    www.lieverleven.be