    some industry observers noted that some even had features that the big
    brands didn't... at several hundred dollars less.
    Could be interesting.

    yodasbud, Sep 23, 2010

  2. yodasbud

    Rutger Guest

    Rutger, Sep 23, 2010

  3. yodasbud

    PA Guest

    Mate, we are in for a massive economic crash on a huge scale. It doesn't
    take a rocket scientist to work that out.

    PA, Sep 23, 2010
  4. yodasbud

    YDOD Guest

    I think that within the next ten years digital cameras will take multiple
    pictures with each push of the shutter and that these multiple exposures
    (each using different focus points and exposure values) will be combined to
    give both superior depth of field and very high dynamic range.

    YDOD, Sep 23, 2010
  5. yodasbud

    PA Guest

    I think that you've read John Nack's blog five years ago on plenoptic
    lenses.

    Next.

    PA, Sep 23, 2010
  6. yodasbud

    Robert Coe Guest

    We have hyper-megapixel cameras now, but no one's trying to
    : design, say, a 20 megapixel camera at a good price. Bet'cha that's
    : what happens.
    : A few years back when China started producing DVD players,
    : some industry observers noted that some even had features that the big
    : brands didn't... at several hundred dollars less.
    : Could be interesting.

    It already is. Someone showed me an 8-megapixel cell phone camera the other
    day. Where have you been? ;^)

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Sep 24, 2010
  7. The 5D2 is too expensive for you?

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Sep 25, 2010
  8. yodasbud

    yodasbud Guest

    I wondered a while back about taking multiples and later
    combining them in Photoshop. That's pretty time consuming.
    It maybe could happen, but you'd still need to do processing.
    There's no way the camera is going to be able to work out what you
    want from an image.
    It would be nice sometimes to have multiples to work with, but
    what you're talking about is very different from simply having
    multiple images stitched together into a panorama. They can do that,
    but I think if you want high dynamic range, you'll have to settle for
    taking quick successive shots and using Photoshop, Gimp, or DX Optics
    Pro for a while.
    Now, if you know that certain parts of an image will be either
    too dark or too bright, and you had a setting where you could control
    how many exposures you want to get and how they are combined, then
    you'd have something.

    yodasbud, Sep 25, 2010
  9. yodasbud

    PA Guest

    Ephotozine published a tutorial a while back for increasing DOF using focus
    stacking:
    http://www.ephotozine.com/photography-videos/video/focus-stacking-in-photoshop-cs4-1691

    PA, Sep 25, 2010