Where will be all of us moving to?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Carlos, May 20, 2010.

  1. Carlos

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, again, Hugh.

    As I just said in response to your e-mail:

    Hi, Hugh.

    Yes, I've been beta-testing "the" bridge (there was only one until recently)
    for over a year now and installed both the Answers bridge and the Forums
    bridge a couple of days ago. These final versions seem to be working, but
    it will take some time to get comfy with them.

    My main gripe now is that there is no equivalent to WLMail's Show Replies to
    My Messages. I've not yet figured out how to continue a conversation that
    I've already been involved in. In Newsgroups, all I have to do is press the
    scroll wheel on my mouse, which I've programmed to equal <Ctrl>+H, which
    toggles the "my messages" view on or off. But with the bridges, I haven't
    found any way to get that result.

    And, as I said, I haven't yet found any forums for any kind of "mail" or any
    dedicated to 64-bit computing. Have you?

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP

    R. C. White, May 25, 2010

  2. Carlos

    thecreator Guest

    Hi All,

    A Suggestion: For someone to create a Yahoo Group, which does allow for
    Pop Access or even GoogleGroups.

    http://groups.google.com/

    Each group allows posting from Outlook Express and also by visiting the
    Web and posting online like in a forum.

    thecreator, May 28, 2010

  3. No thanks. ;) This group will be here a while, and I'm very hopeful we'll
    get a 64bit only Forum on the TechNet site.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 28, 2010
  4. Carlos

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Charlie.

    See today's post from - and my Reply to it.

    That post from MSFT is a Reply to, and looks like a copy of, the one posted
    a month ago, but if you read on down past the boilerplate you will find:
    Perhaps something will show up on TechNet Forums - I haven't seen anything
    about 64-bit there yet. The offerings suggested in the URL above are so
    generic that any posts there about 64-bit problems will simply get lost in
    those super-busy forums. Good luck with getting an answer in the Answers
    Forums. :>(

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    Microsoft Windows MVP
    Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8089.0726) in Win7 Ultimate x64)

    R. C. White, Jun 21, 2010
  5. This is being actively discussed outside of this NG, and I continue to be
    hopeful that we'll have a resolution before it gets closed.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 22, 2010