    James Guest

    I think I've recieved a phishing email. Does anybody know of the correct
    authority to report this to. I'm located in the UK

    James, Feb 13, 2005

  2. James

    Richard Guest

    You will not get a reply of any kind.
    If it came from a dot com or other US based domain, send the headers and
    full text of the message.
    Do not send attachments.

    Richard, Feb 13, 2005

  3. James

    Joel Rubin Guest

    The U.S. Federal Trade Commission ain't for U.K. scams.

    If you want you can look up the "Serious Frauds Office" in Google
    although (I'm in the U.S.) they didn't seem to want to hear about fake
    lotteries (probably from expatriate Nigerians) with +44 mobile phone
    contacts.

    The most important contact is probably someone who can do something
    about the website run by the phishers.

    I think I may have shut one down when, after contacting the Japanese
    network owners did no good, I faxed the Japanese Consulate here in New
    York.

    Joel Rubin, Feb 13, 2005
  4. It was on Sun, 13 Feb 2005 08:40:52 +0000, that James contributed:
    This may help:-
    http://www.met.police.uk/fraudalert/419.htm

    Perce P. Cassidy, Feb 13, 2005
  5. James

    Parko Guest

    Contact the financial institution that's the target of the scam.

    Parko, Feb 14, 2005