  1. mcp6453

    mcp6453 Guest

    Is it released yet? I thought I saw a post with a link to get it.

    mcp6453, Aug 15, 2004

  2. mcp6453

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Lloyd Jones, Aug 15, 2004

  3. mcp6453

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Why the big rush? It maybe best that you wait awhile so that things settle
    down with the SP. I don't plan on installing SP 2 for a couple of months.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 15, 2004
  4. mcp6453

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    That is the final release.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Aug 15, 2004
  5. mcp6453

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I think it maybe like SP1 for XP that needed a couple of adjustments before
    things became stable. The same thing happened with SP(s) for Win NT 4.0 and
    Win 2K. I never rush to glory on things like SP(s) and give them a chance
    to settle down before I'll install them.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 15, 2004
  6. mcp6453

    Ionizer Guest

    God bless the early adopters who rush in, courtesy of Automatic Updates,
    where many of us fear to tread. The next month or so will be one massive
    beta test, and I won't be participating. Neither will IBM, on its 400,000
    computers:
    http://www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/showstory.jsp?storyid=53462

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Aug 15, 2004
  7. mcp6453

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I can turn the automatic updates off you know.

    Think what you like, it's the final version.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Aug 15, 2004
  8. mcp6453

    mcp6453 Guest

    Lloyd - where did you download it?

    mcp6453, Aug 15, 2004
  9. mcp6453

    Ionizer Guest

    Ionizer, Aug 15, 2004
  10. mcp6453

    Duane Arnold Guest

    I know from programming experience that there is the Bata tests, the
    release to production and then adjustments after the production release.
    Yes, many will shake out the hidden bugs and then will come the hot fixes
    and it will settle down after that.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 15, 2004
  11. mcp6453

    Thor Guest

    Not necessarily. SP1 was revised to SP1a shortly after release to the
    public. MS has a history of releasing patches that caused some big problem,
    only to be pulled off the website and revised to fix something. The wise
    will take a wait and see approach at least for a couple of weeks to see if
    there are any real problems reported by those who took the plunge.

    Thor, Aug 15, 2004
  12. mcp6453

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Lloyd Jones, Aug 15, 2004
  13. mcp6453

    vince Guest

    I go it from download.com. Cable modem recommended - 260mb - took around 15
    minutes.

    vince, Aug 16, 2004
  14. mcp6453

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    The one form MS is 272 Mb.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Aug 16, 2004
  15. mcp6453

    Global_Killa Guest

    Global_Killa, Aug 16, 2004
  16. mcp6453

    derek / nul Guest

    derek / nul, Aug 16, 2004
  17. mcp6453

    WebWalker Guest

    This is OT, do I need to have SP1 installed before I can install SP2?

    WebWalker, Aug 17, 2004
  18. mcp6453

    derek / nul Guest

    No