    sell techniques.

    Thanks!
    ls

    losheng, Oct 29, 2006

  2. losheng

    bwoag Guest

    In Hong Kong you need to know a competitive or target price and be able to
    keep this in mind with the currency conversion.
    The discounts available with bargaining are not all that spectacular but are
    several percentage points below what you can get from reliable vendors in
    America.
    You may also want to make certain that the warranty will be honored in your
    country of origin.
    No bargaining=no bargains.
    Most stores post a price that is merely a starting point and is higher than
    even they expect you to pay.

    bwoag, Oct 29, 2006

  3. losheng

    Duncan Guest

    Shops around Mongkok and Kowloon seem to offer better prices but not on the
    gear just the accessories. I picked up a Domke bag for HK$880 (HK$13.50 =
    GBP1) half the price of one in the UK!

    You'd really be better off buying in Singapore for kit IME.

    Duncan

    Duncan, Oct 29, 2006
  4. losheng

    minnesotti Guest

    You are posting from Singapore. Do you live there, or just passing ? I
    presume the good deals are to be had in Singapore, too.

    At eBay, I know of the two most popular (and reputable) online shops,
    DigitalRev and T-Dimension. They have off-line shops in HK, too. For
    example, DigitalRev quotes a price of HK$4300 (US$550) for G7,
    http://www.digitalrev.com/en/product_details.php?item_id=1287&currency_code=HKD
    You can start from that.

    minnesotti, Oct 29, 2006
  5. You can get Canon G7 from Man Shing Photo Supplies Co.

    http://photopower.org/aboutus/welfare.htm

    Canon G7 is USD550.

    http://www.expansys.com.hk/p.aspx?i=142320

    local - northwood, Oct 29, 2006
  6. losheng

    Duncan Guest

    No I live in the UK for the present. I just have seen better deals in
    Singapore than HK.

    It can be relative as currency has a part to play whether the currency you
    earn your money in is against the currency you're buying in has a stronger
    exchange rate.

    Duncan

    Duncan, Oct 29, 2006
  7. losheng

    losheng Guest

    Hey, Guys,

    Thank you guys for all the suggestions - I've just returned from the
    trip. I went to stores like Man Shin, as well as the camera stores
    along Stanley Street near the Central MTR station. I've found that
    prices at the Tim Sha Shui area tends to be inflated. You can get a
    more consistent and reasonable prices from the stores along Stanley
    Street. The G7 retails for about HKD 4150 (about USD 532) at the shops
    along Stanley Street. These shops tend to deal more with the local
    professionals/advanced amateurs, while the shops in other areas seemed
    to be targeting tourists.

    At the above prices, the G7 is about 10-15% cheaper than what it is
    being sold for in Singapore.

    I hope this information is useful.

    ls

    losheng, Nov 18, 2006
  8. losheng

    eizos2100 Guest

    eizos2100, Nov 22, 2006
  9. Is buying a G7 in HK far cheaper than buying one in North America
    (especially Canada)? Our tax rate here is 14%.

    chrispycrunch, Dec 7, 2006
  10. losheng

    Tom M Guest

    Years ago I used to deal with "CONY LTD" in Kowloon.
    They were great and shipped stuff to me in NY saving me a bundle.

    Ciao,

    Tom M

    Tom M, Dec 13, 2006