    (prefer not BH Video-- bad experiences with them in the past).

    Thanks

    Paula Sims

    Paula SIms, May 31, 2004

  2. Paula SIms

    Jeff Guest

    Got mine at Vanns.com. It's a Lenmar. $40 plus shipping. They are very
    good. I got my camera and battery from them. Jeff

    Jeff, May 31, 2004

  3. Paula SIms

    Vic Dura Guest

    Ditto.

    Vic Dura, Jun 1, 2004
  4. Try Thomasdistributing.com. I've bought batteries and a charger from them
    because they have a good selection and low prices. I never had a problem
    with any order.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jun 1, 2004
  5. Paula SIms

    Vic Dura Guest

    I too have had good experiences with ThomasDistributing, but I haven't
    seen any rechargeable AA LiIon batteries there. I haven't seen any
    rechargeable AA LiIon batteries anywhere; which I find very curious.

    AA batts are obviously very widely used in digital cameras, and the
    success of AA NiMH batts indicates a significant market for superior
    performance AA rechargeables. I find myself wondering why no one is
    manufacturing & selling AA LiIon rechargeables. Can any battery gurus
    shed any light on that?

    Vic Dura, Jun 1, 2004
  6. Paula SIms

    Lars J.H Guest

    Many of the FZ10 and FZ1/2 users over at the Dpreview Panasonic forum
    like the Battery Barn 800 mAh battery:

    http://www.batterybarn.com/cgas002.htm

    You'll also be able to find a lot for sale on Ebay but peoples
    experiences with misc. FZ 1/2/10 batteries from there seem to vary a
    bit.

    Lars J.H, Jun 2, 2004
  7. Paula SIms

    Lars J.H Guest

    And talking about this forum: If you are interested in seeing other
    peoples FZ10 pics, getting tons of tips and tricks on lenses, adapters,
    and so forth this forum:

    is THE place for you.

    Lars J.H, Jun 2, 2004
  8. Paula SIms

    Pat Crean Guest

    Vic Dura wrote:

    ..
    ..
    ..

    It's my understanding that rechargeable LiON cells generate about 3.6 volts
    which would make this chemistry unsuitable for AA cells....

    Pat Crean, Jun 2, 2004
  9. Paula SIms

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    You are correct.

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 2, 2004
  10. Paula SIms

    Samuel Paik Guest

    I'm not a battery guru, but I'll play one here:

    Several reasons:

    Lithium-Ion cells are 3.6V (this is a fundamental part of its chemistry),
    while AA cells are usually about 1.5V (more specifically, while carbon
    and alkaline cells are 1.5V, NiCd and NiMH are around 1.2V). Obviously
    Li-ion in a AA form factor can't ever be used as a drop-in replacement
    for AA cells.

    Li-ion cells are very finicky about how they are recharged. Improper
    charging can cause a fire, so having a form factor that can easily fit
    into a charger of the wrong type is discouraged.

    Sam

    Samuel Paik, Jun 2, 2004
  11. Li-Ion cells require specific type of charging, very precise control, and
    monitoring. You've seen all the issues with exploding batteries and fires,
    i.e. on Apple notebooks.

    It would be very dangerous to market an AA Li-Ion that could easily be
    installed in a device that charges NiMH cells in-camera, or for someone to
    try charging a Li-Ion AA cell in an NiMH charger.

    There are several companies marketing rechargeable CR-V3 batteries, that may
    be a replacement for two AA batteries. These are charger specific, and don't
    charge in the camera. See
    "http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html".

    One of the big advantages of Li-Ion over AA is that on many cameras (except
    the ultra-compacts), the charging circuitry is in the camera. So you can use
    a relatively inexpensive charger from AC or DC into the camera. You don't
    have to mess with multiple AA NiMH cell, and constantly be opening the
    camera.

    Steven M. Scharf, Jun 2, 2004