    before installing the older version?

    Thanks

    KN

    KN_____, Aug 26, 2006

  2. KN_____

    Mumia W. Guest

    Do that and delete the old FF program folder after you
    uninstall and before you install the new (old) version.

    To be safe, I would create a new profile for the new
    installation because older versions of FF might not like
    profiles modified by the newer versions of FF.

    Mumia W., Aug 26, 2006

  3. ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases

    Peter Boerhof, Aug 26, 2006
  4. KN_____

    KN_____ Guest

    Thanks for the link and the help.
    How does someone create a new profile? Does that happen during
    installation? Should I delete the c:\windows\applications\mozilla
    directory completely, before I install the new (old) one?

    KN

    KN_____, Aug 26, 2006
  5. You can add a new profile on installation ,or after installing use the
    profile manager

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager

    Peter Boerhof, Aug 26, 2006
  6. KN_____

    Mumia W. Guest

    Open a DOS box in Windows and type this:

    firefox -profilemanager
    But beware: your FF profile data is stored separately from the
    FF application, and FF 1.5 probably converted your FF 1.0
    profile to only work with FF 1.5 (i.e. destroyed it), so you
    need to create a new profile using "firefox -profilemanager"
    right after you install the new (old) FF.

    P.S.
    Ignore the following advice:

    It's probably about time you reinstalled Windows. When I was
    using 16-bit Windows, I learned that Windows had to be
    reinstalled every couple of years, or it would become unstable
    due to DLL and application conflicts as well as configuration
    file cruft.

    YMMV, IANAWUA (I am not a Windows user anymore), VWP (void
    where prohibited), MCTON (may contain traces of nuts), PIGN
    (please ignore).

    Mumia W., Aug 26, 2006