    should I remove win95 from the 1st hd? should I format it as well?
    all the drivers and software are on that hd, so if I install win98 to the 2nd
    formatted hd, will everything work fine?

    PCportinc, Jan 10, 2004

  2. PCportinc

    derek / nul Guest

    Usually c:\windows

    derek / nul, Jan 10, 2004

  3. PCportinc

    Wizard Guest

    Probably because the system files are on it (hidden) or there is still a
    Windows directory on it that contains win.com.

    Wizard, Jan 10, 2004
  4. PCportinc

    HF Guest

    Windows 9x is not tolerant of TWO 9x operating systems on a PC - After
    all HOW would it know what one to boot to. Windows 9x detects the other OS
    and so you must hide it so that it is not seen. This is done with an app
    like Boot Magic which gives a boot menu at boot time and allows you to
    choose which OS to boot up. Go to this URL and you will find a full
    explanation. HF

    HF, Jan 10, 2004
  5. PCportinc

    Bill Nathan Guest