    I've decided to run MS Antispyware manually and want to set up a
    shortcut on my desk top. However, when I search my folders, I can't
    find the app. Where is it located? Thanks.

    Flycaster, Mar 19, 2006

  2. Flycaster

    Spider Guest

    Spider, Mar 19, 2006

  3. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    No "windoows Defender" on my computer. I dl'd the app before the WD
    naming, I think. Anyway, a serach of my computer didn't reveal an
    msantispyware, either. It has to be somewheres as it is in my systray
    and I do run it.

    Flycaster, Mar 19, 2006
  4. Flycaster

    Tony Guest

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\GIANTAntiSpywareMain.exe

    Tony, Mar 19, 2006
  5. Flycaster

    someone Guest

    If it`s already in your Systray, why do you want it on your desktop too ?.

    someone, Mar 19, 2006
  6. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    I'd like to run it manually. So, I figure that I'd take it out of my
    startup (systray) and just leave the shortcut on the desktop for use
    when I want it.

    Flycaster, Mar 19, 2006
  7. Flycaster

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Flycaster spewed forth:
    And in doing so, you would lose the BEST part of the program - the active
    protection against malware while you're connected to the Internet.

    Toolman Tim, Mar 19, 2006
  8. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    Yes, you are right. So far, the app hasn't notified me of any malware.
    So, maybe this will be a test to see how I do without it.

    Flycaster, Mar 20, 2006
  9. Flycaster

    Rich Wilson Guest

    Why not just move the shortcut from the startup folder to your desktop then?

    Also, look at the properties of the shortcut - it'll tell you where the .exe
    is.

    Rich Wilson, Mar 20, 2006