    or not.

    I searched, but could not find the host file.

    Rich

    richmac, Oct 26, 2003

  2. richmac

    Ralph Mann Guest

    richmac said:
    Try here C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc

    Ralph Mann, Oct 26, 2003

  3. richmac

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Oct 26, 2003
  4. richmac

    richmac Guest

    Actually, got them, been there.
    Spybot reports clean system.
    Adaware no new objects.
    Spyware Blaster can't update last 2 days. Don't know if it's related to
    current problem. All other sites update fine. Donate button works, though.
    Haven't thought of hijack this yet, will try.
    Then there's also The Cleaner...could I have allowed something during
    windows critical updates couple of days ago?
    Rich

    richmac, Oct 26, 2003
  5. richmac

    °Mike° Guest

    Run HijackThis. Fix anything you can recognise as unwanted.
    If you continue to have problems, post the *complete* contents
    of the HJT log file here.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Oct 26, 2003
  6. richmac

    richmac Guest

    I wonder why repeated attempts in "search" only gave me lmhost and not host
    file?
    Anyway I took a look and there's only one entry, local host.

    Rich

    richmac, Oct 26, 2003
  7. richmac

    Harrison Guest

    Maek sure you're viewing hidden and system files.
    Tools>Folder Options>View

    Harrison, Oct 26, 2003
  8. richmac

    Shep© Guest

    Remove ZA fully and see if that cures it?
    If it does try,"Outpost",
    Free and better IMHO.

    Shep©, Oct 26, 2003
  9. richmac

    ComputerFixer

    Joined:
    Dec 3, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I don't know why Google lists links like this at the top of their list that never answers the question that you searched.

    Actually XP doesn't have a folder called winnt .

    You will find the file hosts at the following location in XP:

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\

    It does NOT have a file extension.

    ComputerFixer, Dec 3, 2013