    Should I buy now or wait until January for best deals/prices?
    Thanks
    Arawak

    Arawak, Dec 12, 2005

  2. Arawak

    Plato Guest

    Wait until January.

    Plato, Dec 12, 2005

  3. Arawak

    Ron Martell Guest

    You really should wait, unless you have an urgent need for a new TV.

    The specs are still evolving and there is a lot of confusion between
    EDTV, HDTV ready, and HDTV. As I understand it at present the actual
    spec for "true" HDTV is 1080p although 1080i is close enough for most
    purposes.

    Also be careful with the plasma screens. These are subject to a
    steady deterioration in picture quality and while it may take a year
    or two for it to really show up it is a serious issue. The
    manufacturers are attempting to improve the situation but as I
    understand it the results so far have not been that great.

    So if you do need to make an immediate purchase look to the LCD or
    projection models if longevity of the TV is at all a concern to you.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

    Ron Martell, Dec 13, 2005