    Where have the Firefox help group people gone?
    This group seems to have almost zero posts now, has everyone moved to
    a web based help page or what?

    Mastic, Mar 27, 2013

  2. Mastic

    Ralph Fox Guest

    They have gone to Mozilla's news server news.mozilla.org
    where you will find the newsgroup mozilla.support.firefox.

    To set up a second news server in Forté Agent 1.91, see
    Help >> Index >> Multiple Server Configuration

    news.mozilla.org, no login is required

    Ralph Fox, Mar 27, 2013

  3. Mastic

    Mastic Guest

    Hi Ralph, I am doing something wrong!!!
    What I did was create a new iteration of Agent in a new folder by copy
    and pasting this version of Agent. I then went to Options >> User and
    System Profile>> System and changed 'News Server' to news.mozilla.org
    and made sure that Options >> User and System Profile>> User had the
    'No login is required checked.
    But I get an error message 'Host name not found'.

    See the attached screen capture.

    Mastic, Mar 27, 2013
  4. Mastic

    Ralph Fox Guest

    I do not see your screen capture. Most news servers will drop
    binaries in text newsgroups like this one.

    If you want to post a screen capture in a text newsgroup, then
    upload the screen capture to someplace like www.tinypic.com
    and post a link in the group.

    Ralph Fox, Mar 28, 2013
  5. Mastic

    Mastic Guest

    Please see the screen captures of the Option windo set ups and the
    error message located here: http://i49.tinypic.com/2s9vorc.jpg

    Mastic, Mar 29, 2013
  6. Mastic

    Ralph Fox Guest

    In the News Server box, remove the spaces after "news.mozilla.org".
    Agent is trying to find a server "news.mozilla.org " that has
    space characters at the end of its name.

    Ralph Fox, Mar 29, 2013
  7. Mastic

    Mastic Guest

    You are a computer god Ralph!!! How could you tell that had spaces
    behind it? I couldn't see the spaces because they were white on a
    white background.

    Anyway Agent is connecting to the news server now okay but using the
    drop down menu 'Online' > Get New Groups and also 'Online' > Refresh
    Groups List shows no group called mozilla.support.firefox. What am I
    doing wrong?

    Mastic, Apr 1, 2013
  8. Mastic

    Mastic Guest

    Hi Ralph, I worked out that it was because I was not subscribed to any
    groups in that iteration of Agent so I had to go to the Groups menu
    then show all groups and then subscribe to mozilla.support.firefox. It
    is now downloading over 15 thousand headers!!!
    I would still like to know how you worked out that there were blank
    spaces news.mozilla.org in the news server box???
    A big thank you for your help.

    Mastic, Apr 1, 2013
  9. Mastic

    Ralph Fox Guest