    Can anyone tell me how I might be able to do this?

    Regards

    Mike

    Mikey, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Mikey

    Rifleman Guest

    You need to Import them into your new instance of OE. To do this, copy all
    the dbx files into a new folder on your PC. Remove the read-Only attributes.
    Then open OE and go to File-Import and follow the instructions.

    Rifleman, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Mikey

    ICee Guest

    You may want to try this next time (it may help with your current
    problem also):

    ICee, Jan 12, 2004
  4. Mikey

    lsksevices Guest

    These files would be inbox.dbx outbox.dbx etc.. these are the actual files
    for the folders that were displayed in your local folders list in OE before
    the reinstall.

    You need to locate the "new" copies of these files on the new install, and
    overwrite them with your backups.

    They'll usually be in something like C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local
    Settings\Application Data\Identities\{Big long sting of seemingly random
    characters}\Microsoft\Outlook Express on win 2000
    try the program files folder for win 98.

    these files are normally in a hidden directory do you might have to have a
    good root around

    lsksevices, Jan 12, 2004
  5. Mikey

    Rifleman Guest

    No No NO! If the OP does this then oE won't read them The OP needs to copy
    the dbx files to a new folder and do an import.

    Rifleman, Jan 13, 2004