    tia,
    -joe
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

    joe, Jan 28, 2005

  2. joe

    doS Guest

    alt + printscreen, open paint, edit, then choose paste.

    doS, Jan 28, 2005

  3. joe

    SwissTony Guest

    its stored in the clipboard
    open paint
    Start-programs-accessories-paint
    click edit then click paste or press ctrl+v

    SwissTony, Jan 28, 2005
  4. joe

    bigjon Guest

    joe decided to add:
    It goes into the clipboard, "untitled".
    Push the key, open paint or similar and paste...

    bigjon, Jan 28, 2005
  5. joe

    James Mourby Guest

    Pressing "Print Screen" copies the current display (with a few exceptions
    such as video overlays) into the windows clipboard.
    To save it, you will either need a clipboard viewer saver program thingie or
    paste it into a paint package and save it as the filename of your choice.

    James Mourby, Jan 28, 2005
  6. joe

    Brian G Guest

    Joe,

    Once you have 'copied' it you then need to 'paste' into an application of
    soem sort.

    Briefly, when you press the Print Screen button it copies the contents of
    the computer screen to the Pasteboard.

    Try opening the Paint program and pasting it there - or if you have
    Microsoft word, you can also paste it into that.

    Brian G

    Brian G, Jan 28, 2005
  7. joe

    joe Guest

    Thanks to all you guys for replying!

    joe, Jan 28, 2005
  8. joe

    foad Guest

    if it placed it up your ass you'd know where it was.

    foad, Jan 28, 2005
  9. joe

    WormWood Guest

    The screenshot taken with print screen goes into your temp files. You
    don't need to see the file before you save it. It can be pasted into any
    application that will decode xx.bmp files. You can then save them as
    xx.bmp, .xx.jpg and other graphics extensions into a folder of your
    choice. MS Paint in Accessories will do it. Just open Paint, Edit and
    Paste.

    WormWood, Jan 29, 2005
  10. Really...? Which folder?

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 29, 2005
  11. joe

    MrB Guest

    Your shift key is broken. Get it fixed.

    MrB, Jan 29, 2005
  12. joe

    James Mourby Guest

    Oh my god! Have eight people have already answered this, why a day later
    are you answering??

    And how the hell does he "not need to see it" if youre telling him to paste
    it into something???

    p.s. my 'paint' is nowhere near accessories.

    James Mourby, Jan 29, 2005
  13. joe

    joe Guest

    btw, i dont need to use the ALT key - it works either way.

    thx! (paint then paste)

    joe, Jan 29, 2005
  14. joe

    owldo Guest

    The "Print Scrn SysRq" button copies to the clipboard. Open any app (Like MS
    Word) that has clipboard, and click on the clipboard. The captured image
    will then be displayed. HTH's

    owldo, Jan 29, 2005
  15. Don't Alt-PrScr and Pr-Scr put lay different images on the clipboard?
    IIRC, one copies the whole screen and one copies only the active window.
    That's a significant "IIRC"; I don't do Windows any more.

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 29, 2005
  16. When you take a print screen, it is stored in the clipboard. To save
    and view it you need to open a word document or paint and paste it.
    When you paste to a Paint document, make sure you save it in JPG format
    to reduce the file size.

    josecarvalho1, Jan 29, 2005
  17. joe

    joe Guest

    I replied "thx to all above" yesterday or the day before. Since it didn't
    show up I will try again... thx to all (above) who helped me so right and so
    quick! :)

    joe, Jan 29, 2005
  18. A word processor -- the perfect graphics application. Harf. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Jan 29, 2005
  19. joe

    geothermal Guest

    Here is an interesting freeware utility that might work.

    PrintDeskTop lets you print the exact contents of your screen with the
    click of a mouse or the shortcut key of your choice. Print only what
    you need, not countless, wasted pages. And best of all, PrintDeskTop
    is free! New features in version 1.05: 1) Default printer detection;
    the user is prompted for target printer if there is no default.
    Company: PrintDeskTop
    Date Released: 02-08-2002
    Program Size: 771 KB
    License: Freeware
    Platform: Windows

    http://www.programurl.com/printdesktop.htm

    geothermal

    geothermal, Aug 25, 2005
  20. joe

    Old Gringo Guest

    It also has options for just the window of a screen shot. Saves the
    shot to your clipboard. Good Luck

    Old Gringo, Aug 25, 2005