    I've tried searching various ways - by size, date, also not finding
    them searching for mp3. Are they another file type?

    Any assistance will be appreciated.

    James, Oct 2, 2008

  2. James

    James Guest

    That was the the first place I looked in addition to using the search
    function. Nowhere to be found. Looked in each place by details/file
    size. Nothing.

    James, Oct 2, 2008

  3. Since Myspace is accessed with a web browser I would assume it would be in
    the browser's cache usually called "Temporary Internet files."
    They are .swf files which are Flash files and the audio is based on MP3. I
    once dragged a SWF file into Winamp many years ago and listened to the
    audio.
    If you want to steal music it would be easier to walk into a store, put the
    CD in your jacket and run out.

    Stacey Chuffo, Oct 2, 2008
  4. James

    James Guest

    Thanks for the info and the assumption that you know what my
    motivation is.

    James, Oct 2, 2008
  5. James

    James Guest

    Not finding it as a .swf flash file either. Is there such a thing as
    an audio only .swf file?

    If it wasn't clear, I'm talking about audio only.

    James, Oct 3, 2008
  6. James

    chuckcar Guest

    How exactly is it stealing if the files are *already* on his computer?

    chuckcar, Oct 3, 2008
  7. James

    Wog George Guest

    Which law has been violated?

    Wog George, Oct 3, 2008
  8. James

    Plato Guest

    Try clearing your internet cache, and see what files are saved, most
    likely, it wont be a standard file type.

    Plato, Oct 3, 2008
  9. James

    Wog George Guest

    [Snipped context restored]
    As we're talking about "illegal cross-posting", which of the groups on the
    subject line have had their copyright infringed due to the cross-post?

    Wog George, Oct 3, 2008
  10. James

    RD Jones Guest

    Yes, and if you do find it as an swf file it can be extracted
    and converted to mp3 with a simple utility such as swf2mp3.

    rd

    <cross-posting removed>

    RD Jones, Oct 3, 2008
  11. James

    Danny T Guest

    Clarify "OWN A CD". I read it first to mean it was my CD with my
    material - and I WOULD own it. I think you meant a store bought CD
    where you own the CD but not the embedded recordings.

    Yes kids have no idea about intellectual property rights but then
    neither do libraries. No one will care either until they realize just
    how little an artist actually makes. I really think that education is
    a 2 part plan. People need to know the way the law reads AND the
    damage they do to the artist by stealing!

    Danny T, Oct 3, 2008
  12. James

    Trevor9 Guest

    Why don't you ask Harvey Daye Jr., Scott Freeman, Ashleigh Cope, or
    the beagle you set on fire? do you really think anybody can read you
    after all the spamming you've done? Bitch.

    Trevor9, Oct 5, 2008
  13. James

    Trevor9 Guest

    For those that don't have the luxury of having a killfile(why in the
    hell would anybody dump this garbage to outlook is another story in
    itself), make sure to report EVERY SINGLE TROLL POST belonging to
    STACEY CHUFFO to GOOGLE ABUSE. Just hit more options and report the
    message.

    This is the advice given over in the help forums. But we all know how
    effective that is, now don't we?

    LOL

    Trevor9, Oct 6, 2008
  14. BAHAHAHAHAH I'm using AIOE not Google you stupid bastard.

    Stacey Chuffo, Oct 6, 2008
  15. James

    Plato Guest

    'tiss the reason all these "enforcement" mechanisms are in place...

    Plato, Oct 8, 2008
  16. James

    Plato Guest

    Perhaps since MS only sold a single copy of Win95 to the Country of
    :)

    Plato, Oct 8, 2008