    TIF). Where does IE6 hold part downloaded mpeg files in XP prior to moving
    them to the specified download directory when the download completes.
    Thanks.

    Kane's son, Dec 20, 2004

  2. Kane's son

    Gee Guest

    Doesn;t it ask you WHERE you want it to doesnlod the file TO when you start
    downloading?

    I'm guessing the file might be stored in Temporary internet files folder
    ~doc and settings\ user\ local settings\Temporary internet files or
    C\Windows\temp .

    Must say I'm not sure. I tend to always use download managers, such as
    Netscape Download or Get right. That way I know whats happening and when,
    plus I can resume downloads.

    Gee, Dec 20, 2004

  3. Kane's son

    Joel Rubin Guest

    In XP (and probably 2000)

    "C:\Documents and Settings\YourLogin\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
    Files\Content.IE5" and then there are hidden folders below that.

    Note that YourLogin part is, of course, a variable.

    In Win95/98/ME typically

    "C:\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5"

    Joel Rubin, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Kane's son

    Kane's son Guest

    Thanks Joel, that was the exact thing I was looking for. Justed needed to
    add ~\Content.IE5.

    Kane's son, Dec 21, 2004