  1. Pavel A.

    Paul Attryde Guest

    Personally I signed up for an account at OSROnline. They
    have an NNTP version of their mailing lists at lists.osr.com

    hth somebody,
    Paul

    Paul Attryde, May 8, 2010

  2. Pavel A.

    Marianne Guest

    And you sell nntp software? For the sake of your customers I hope that your
    tech support knows more about newsgroups than you do because you don't know
    wtf you are talking about! Anyone reading this thread will see that you
    haven't got a clue and they will surely pass on your software offering!
    You've indentified yourself as working for a certain company any you have
    posted links to your company in this thread, by doing so you have attached
    your company to the discussion. After reading this thread and seeing how
    you completely misunderstand Usenet I can say without any hesitation that I
    would never purchase your software! Nice job you clueless moron!

    Marianne, May 9, 2010

  3. Personally I signed up for an account at OSROnline. They
    This is what I'm using for 8 years or so.

    Maxim S. Shatskih, May 9, 2010
  4. <joke>

    MS's announcement translated...
    closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in
    the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to
    worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs.

    Beginning this summer, we are shutting down perfectly working
    standardized technology. This is to encourage the older more
    knowledgeable crowd using those technologies to move into the web forums
    where they may help users who are either to lazy or ignorant to install
    news readers. Plus, in an effort to control all the content and postings
    in our newsgroups we will create a proprietary interface that makes it
    hard to replicate the information on 3rd party servers.

    consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors
    to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community
    environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers
    and search engines. Additionally, forums offer a better user and
    off-topic management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by
    facilitating discussions in a clean space.

    We assigned some programmers to consolidate all of our venues, and
    create nntp/web forums bridging. Instead they wrote a new forum
    interface. Since we paid them all this money, we have to use this new
    technology or we won't look good to our bosses. To make it easier on us,
    and offload some of the pain to the community we will be disabling some
    of your connections and requiring you to go to some effort to setup some
    new accounts.

    </joke>

    Jeremy Linton, May 14, 2010