    Quiz Time Guest

    Unlike win98 theres no bin except the one called norton protected, which
    only gives me the option to restore, not permanently delete!

    Quiz Time, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Quiz Time

    Toolman Tim Guest

    The options to delete ("empty") should be there. Right-click on the icon,
    read the menu: "Empty Norton Protected Files" and "Empty Recycle Bin". You
    need to do both, unless you want Norton to keep the protected files (usually
    Excel, Word, etc. - configurable from "Properties" when you right-click the
    icon).

    Toolman Tim, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Quiz Time

    Quiz Time Guest

    Ah i didn't try right clicking without first opening, i was just double
    clicking thr bin first, doh. ok thanks !

    Quiz Time, Jun 27, 2004
  4. Quiz Time

    Toolman Tim Guest

    You're welcome - HAND

    Toolman Tim, Jun 27, 2004
  5. Quiz Time

    Reid Decker Guest

    It must be the Norton. I have XP PRO and I tried it. After clicking on
    Recycle Bin, the top line on the left says Empty Recycle Bin. That usually
    permanently deletes all of it.

    Reid Decker, Jun 27, 2004
  6. Quiz Time

    Plato Guest

    Do NOT use nortons protected recycle bin. Disable that nasty feature of
    nortons.

    Plato, Jun 27, 2004
  7. .... plagiarise.

    Ed Jablonowski, Jun 27, 2004