    suggest an on-line store where I can get these things at a fair price? I
    need the ones with two female plugs and one male, and regular sized phone
    plugs. TIA.

    John Schutkeker, Jul 11, 2006

  2. John Schutkeker

    Meat Plow Guest

    http://www.dsldepot.com/indexStore.asp

    Meat Plow, Jul 11, 2006

  3. Thanks, you just saved me $10, which was about 25% of the deal. Now if
    only someone would sell those packs without the wall mount filter, we
    could knock some more cash off the sale.

    What causes those things to wear out, and do they wear out on the shelf
    while they're not being used?

    John Schutkeker, Jul 11, 2006
  4. John Schutkeker

    Meat Plow Guest

    Should never wear out. All they are is a bandpass filter to keep the phone
    and DSL signals seperate. The filter should be made of a transformer or
    choke and a capacitor or two(simplified). Oh and learn to use
    www.google.com. That's what I used to find DSL Depot for you :)

    Meat Plow, Jul 11, 2006
  5. John Schutkeker

    Pennywise Guest

    |>My phone company is trying to gouge me for the price of new filters for my
    |>DSL line, and I can't find them at my local computer store. Can anybody
    |>suggest an on-line store where I can get these things at a fair price? I
    |>need the ones with two female plugs and one male, and regular sized phone
    |>plugs. TIA.

    Try a thrift or goodwill type store, I see DSL modems all the time
    with a few filters, dirt cheap and always without a power supply :)

    Pennywise, Jul 11, 2006
  6. John Schutkeker

    Rick Merrill Guest

    He's talking about the filters, not the modems. RadioShack sells 'em.

    Rick Merrill, Jul 12, 2006
  7. John Schutkeker

    Pennywise Guest

    |>> Try a thrift or goodwill type store, I see DSL modems all the time
    |>> with a few filters, dirt cheap and always without a power supply :)

    |>He's talking about the filters, not the modems. RadioShack sells 'em.

    Ya, you get the modem for free :) serious, most come in the original
    box with modem, FILTERS, and CD, but never a power supply...

    Run about $2 -

    Pennywise, Jul 12, 2006
  8. John Schutkeker

    mdp Guest

    How cheap do you want to go?

    http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...00&fpos=90504&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=

    mdp, Jul 12, 2006
  9. John Schutkeker

    ellis_jay Guest

    You will find them on most men's room walls at gas stations and bars. There
    are pink ones, and bumpy ones, and green ones, and blue ones, and greasy
    ones, and warty ones, and all guarateed not to leak, foam, or spew.

    m2pence

    el-oh-fuquen-el

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales