Where can I find my wanted laptop?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by GreenXenon, Jan 1, 2009.

  1. GreenXenon

    GreenXenon Guest

    Hi:

    I would like a laptop that is NVRAM-free, cache-free, and with all OS-
    partitions being in the form of mask-programmed ROM. I also need for
    the MAC address, IP address, and any other unique IDs of my laptop to
    be in the form of completely-volatile RAM, so that they will be lost
    each time I turn my laptop off -- and make new IDs, IPs, and MACs,
    when I turn it on again.

    Normally MAC addresses and other unique IDs are stored in mask-
    programmed ROM, which cannot at all change. In my laptop they should
    be in V-RAM.

    I don't plan to save anything on the laptop, which is why I don't need
    NVRAM or caches. NVRAM and caches will store unwanted confidential
    material no matter how much you try to erase. For example, the only
    way to remove haunting info from HDDs is to heat the platters beyond
    Curie point.

    Happy New Year,

    Radium

    GreenXenon, Jan 1, 2009

  2. GreenXenon

    RobV Guest

    ROTFLMAO !

    RobV, Jan 1, 2009

  3. GreenXenon

    RobV Guest

    Don't know about that. I hefty sledgehammer will do just as well.
    It may be available in the twilight zone. Or, closer to home, contact
    Sharp about their glass computer. It should be available by now. All
    you need to wipe it is the same sledghammer you use for the hard drives.
    http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn2954-prototype-glass-sheet-computer-unveiled.html

    Of course, the best solution is to get back on your meds.

    RobV, Jan 1, 2009
  4. GreenXenon

    CBFalconer Guest

    Bravo. An excellent answer. Meets all the OPs requirements.

    CBFalconer, Jan 2, 2009
  5. GreenXenon

    sandy58 Guest

    Do you glow in the dark?

    sandy58, Jan 2, 2009
  6. Do you glow in the dark?

    <JS>
    He can't possibly know that because if he does glow in the dark, it will
    never be dark where he is.

    </JS>

    Jeff Strickland, Jan 2, 2009

  7. If you don't plan to save anything, then there's no point in erasing the any
    of the stuff you want to keep away from the non-volitile RAM.

    You are far too paranoid to be out in public.

    Jeff Strickland, Jan 2, 2009
  8. GreenXenon

    Unruh Guest

    How about CDRom? Try one of the Linux Live CDs.

    Just burn your laptop each time you shut it off and go buy a new one.

    And you running around using other people;s MAC and IP address should not
    bother you?

    Or you could try using a reasonable operating system.

    Unruh, Jan 2, 2009