Where can I find my preferred chatware protocol?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Radium, Jun 16, 2007.

  1. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Hi:

    I am looking for a chat protocol with all the following
    characteristics -- to the largest extent possible:

    1. No download/installation of anything necessary
    2. Does not require ActiveX or Internet Explorer
    3. Does not use or require Java or JavaScript
    4. Most difficult for other chatters to figure out my IP or MAC
    address.
    5. Is text-only [not able to transmit/receive files, images, or other
    nonsense]
    6. Does not allow uploading/downloading to/from other chatters
    7. Can be accessed by most OSes/browsers
    8. Does not have any IM/PM capability [when I post my message, I want
    everyone in the chat room who hasn't iggied me, to see it. In
    addition, I just hate it when other chatters PM/IM me.]
    9. Is real-time - i.e. I post my message and those in the room can
    immediately reply to me.
    10. Transmits/receives small amounts of text rapidly - unlike Usenet
    which transmits large amounts of text slowly.
    11. Allows me to be nameless and still access the chat rooms with a
    blank screen name.
    12. Does not give away my email address
    13. Does not allow access to audio/video - e.g. no webcam capability
    14. Does not require an email address for confirmation

    Thanks,

    Radium

    Radium, Jun 16, 2007

  2. Radium

    Pennywise Guest

    Pennywise, Jun 16, 2007

  3. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Radium, Jun 16, 2007
  4. Radium

    Whiskers Guest

    I think you've pretty thoroughly ruled out all possibilities. I suppose
    you are aware that your requirements are those that would suit someone who
    wants to force their messages onto 'everyone' without being personally
    identifiable or traceable; precisely the sort of person that a 'chat room'
    or other forum will be eager to block automatically, in fact.

    Whiskers, Jun 16, 2007
  5. Didn't he do that with #1?

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 16, 2007
  6. Radium

    Manny Guest

    http://www.north-stars.org/imagelib/sitebuilder/pictures/photos2go_images/communication/469370.jpg

    Manny, Jun 16, 2007
  7. Radium

    Whiskers Guest

    He might have something already installed; Windows comes with some sort of
    'message' tool, I think. Popular with those who like to plague the unwary
    with spam or worse.

    Spray-paint on a wall, cards in telephone boxes, or crayon in the communal
    crapper or public pissoir, would seem to meet most of his requirements
    (apart from his apparent fear of his image appearing on a screen
    somewhere; CCTV and webcams are everywhere, these days, and Google seem
    intent on putting embarrasing pictures into the public domain).

    [...]

    Whiskers, Jun 16, 2007
  8. Radium

    Radium Guest

    I am not doing anything illegal. The posts I would like to make on
    chat are threat-free, confession-free, and do not contain any illegal
    content.

    Note: while the stuff I'd like to write in chat rooms are totally-
    legal and non-threatening, they are still exteremely socially-
    unacceptable -- to the point where majority of people in the chat room
    would feel sick. Readers might suspect I am up to no good, even though
    I am completely a law-abiding, god-fearing, good samaritan.

    Thats why I would like my 14 requirements to be met before I enter a
    chat room.

    I want to disgust the public without getting my ass kicked in return.

    Radium, Jun 16, 2007
  9. Radium

    Radium Guest

    FYI, there is a significant difference between what the public
    expresses and what the individuals - who make up the public -- think/
    feel. Its ironic yet 100 % true.

    Think about a gang like M13. The individuals who make up M13 are
    actually against the M13 gang. However, these individuals are forced -
    via extreme fear - to keep the gang going. At heart, these guys don't
    want to be in a gang. As individuals they want this gang to stop
    existing.

    However, it's the extreme fear caused by pack mentality that forces a
    gang member to:

    A. Keep the gang going
    B. Kill anyone who is suspected of turning against the gang.

    If you are part of a gang and you suspect someone of showing dislike
    for the gang, you'd better kill that individual or else, the rest of
    the gang will kill you. If your gang wants to kill someone, you'd
    better assist them or else the gang will kill you.

    It's this extreme fear of being killed that keeps the gang going.

    If you go against your gang, the other gang members will kill you.
    They will kill you out of fear that if they don't kill you, the larger
    crowd of the gang will kill them.

    Gang member also forcibly recruit young kids by using extreme fear. If
    you don't recruit the kid, your gang will kill you. If the kid refuses
    to be recruited, the kid will be killed, so out of fear, the kid will
    join the gang.

    Do you understand this vicious circle of fear??

    Society is like a gang, the same individuals who make up society are
    the same individuals who - at heart - disagree with the society.
    However, out of extreme fear, these individuals are forced to abide by
    their own society's rules and torment any individual who is known/
    suspected of not following society's rules.

    One of society's rules is if you notice an individual not following
    society's rules, you torment that individual and outcast him/her.
    Otherwise, you'll be cast out.

    I want to go against society's rules in chat rooms, w/out getting
    beaten up. If my 14 requirements are met, all I gotta do is vent my
    socially-unacceptable opinions/thoughts in chat rooms. Society will
    want to find out who I am and burn me alive. However, if my 14
    requirements are met, it will be extremely difficult - practically
    impossible - for society to figure out my identity and cast me out.

    Radium, Jun 18, 2007
  10. Radium

    Whiskers Guest

    [...]
    That was pretty obvious from your original post.
    If your 14 requirements are met you won't be able to access any chat
    rooms. Some of your requirements would have that effect all on their own.
    Trouble-makers have wanted that sort of immunity from the consequences of
    their own actions, from the beginning of the human race (if not longer).

    Whiskers, Jun 18, 2007
  11. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Why wouldn't I be able to access chat rooms if all 14 were met?
    Technically, what would stop me?

    Radium, Jun 18, 2007
  12. Radium

    Whiskers Guest

    Not installing any software would seem to be a pretty thorough way of
    ensuring that. Not revealing your IP address would be equally effective
    at preventing any connection.

    Whiskers, Jun 18, 2007
  13. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Well, I obviously don't have to use my home IP address. I visit the
    local coffee shop and access the internet via their wi-fi hotspots
    using my laptop. In addition, since their wireless reception/
    transmission is so powerful, I don't have to go into the cafe. I just
    gotta park somewhere in the parking lot around the complex where the
    cafe is located, and then access the net from my car.

    If anyone's IP shows up in the chat, it will be that of the cafe.
    Since there are so many people using the cafe's wifi, it will be
    extremely difficult to single me out.

    That solves the IP address issue. How do I meet them my other
    requirements?

    Radium, Jun 18, 2007
  14. Radium

    Whiskers Guest

    No it won't. Your laptop has a unique identifying code number by which it
    is identified by any network to which it tries to connect - the IP number
    is just a convenience for managing networks. If you are connecting by
    wifi your laptop could be pinpointed to wherever it is within a matter of
    minutes if anyone wanted to - and a café proprietor alerted to abuse of
    his internet connection would be able to block your laptop from
    connecting.
    You don't; you can either be unidentifiable in chatrooms by virtue of not
    being present in them, or you are present and thus traceable. Think of
    a café as an analogy; you can go in and shout obscenities at the other
    people there, and take the consequences, or you can avoid the consequences
    by not doing it.

    Whiskers, Jun 18, 2007
  15. Radium

    Radium Guest

    How do I find and change this number? I want to make it dynamic.
    How easy is it for someone to figure where my laptop is and which car
    it is in? Will using a firewall make this pinpointing more difficult?

    If such pinpointing is used, can anyone else easily find out my true
    identity [as in name and face]? Can Tor and Privoxy help prevent this?
    Will the café proprietor also know what I am typing in the chat rooms?
    Will he/she or anyone else easily find out my true identity [as in
    name and face]?

    Radium, Jun 19, 2007
  16. Radium

    Whiskers Guest

    You can't. You could treat your wifi cards or laptops as 'disposable', I
    suppose.
    Dead easy.
    Makes no difference at all. If you are transmitting a radio signal, it
    can be detected and traced. If you aren't transmitting a radio signal you
    won't have a wifi connection.
    Depends on how well you set up your computer. It has often been
    demonstrated that most peoples' wireless laptops are wide open. Once they
    are peering at you through the window of your car, your face will probably
    be all too clear.
    No. Tor only takes effect once your 'packets' leave your ISP's network
    and start their journey across the internet. Privoxy has nothing to do
    with it either - it can make Firefox (for example) look like Internet
    Explorer (for example) to web sites you visit, and it can help you avoid
    seeing content youdon't want to see, but that's about all.
    Potentially yes. Everything you send and receive has to go through the
    Café's routers and so on, and there is nothing to stop the sysadmin from
    logging everything - you wouldn't even know. Your ISP could do the same.
    Depends on how well you set up your computer. It has often been
    demonstrated that most peoples' wireless laptops are wide open.

    If you want to run around flashing your private parts in the park, people
    are going to notice and you'll have to take the consequences. If you
    don't want to take the consequences of doing something, don't do it.
    Easy.

    Don't expect me to take this barmy discussion any further. I might be mad
    but I'm not stupid.

    Whiskers, Jun 19, 2007
  17. Radium

    Radium Guest

    Is there any possible way I can acheive my goal?

    Radium, Jun 19, 2007
  18. thats not quite true...you can set yourself up to use a proxy
    serverl...a proxy server is a server that allows you to send
    information from your browser to that will take that information and
    retrieve whatever it is you are trying to get wether it is a website
    or a chat room as long as it goes through your browser....and when
    someone comes along and tries to find your ip address they will get
    one from wherever the proxy server is located but it can be defeated
    and they can get to you still so it does offer an addtional measure of
    protection however you are still not invisible....the best way to be
    invisible is to go to a college or public library which is frequented
    by many people all the time and try to be indescript while you are
    there so that noone pays too much attention to you and cant finger you
    when the time comes.....:)

    JT

    justin.tierney, Jul 2, 2007