    Does anyone have a few highly recommended web sites, for purchasing DVDs, to
    have shipped to the US?

    Lastly, Are any of these sites in the US, carrying a full list of UK titles?

    Pat, Jan 15, 2004

  2. Pat

    Codswallop Guest

    Codswallop, Jan 15, 2004

  3. Pat

    SoHillsGuy Guest

    << Stores I've not used:
    www.blackstar.co.uk
    www.bensons.co.uk >><BR><BR>

    I've used bensons.co.uk for most of my R2 purchases over the last couple of
    years. They used to deliver free to the US, but have since started charging
    postage. Still, most of their prices remain at or near the top in comparison
    of best prices to the US.

    However, we're getting killed right now on the currency exchange. A pound was
    only costing us about $1.55 just about a year ago, but has jumped from $1.72 to
    $1.85 in just the last six weeks.

    SoHillsGuy, Jan 15, 2004
  4. Pat

    Codswallop Guest

    But it's great for those of us in Australia*. One AU dollar buys 77 US
    cents, or one CA dollar.

    * Unless you're an exporter, then it's bad.

    Codswallop, Jan 15, 2004
  5. Pat

    Peter Briggs Guest

    Give Play.com a whirl. I'm in R2, and I can purchase both R2 and R1
    discs through them. The prices are great, and (for us, anyway) the
    shipping is free. Through their playusa site, you should manage it, I
    would think?

    Peter Briggs, Jan 15, 2004
  6. http://www.blackstar.co.uk/

    I've used them several times. Don't know if they're prices are the
    cheapest, but they're certainly reasonable, and I've found them to be
    reliable with great customer service.

    LECV

    Limited Edition Clear Vinyl, Jan 15, 2004
  7. Pat

    jayembee Guest

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/
    http://www.blackstar.co.uk/

    I frequently order from Amazon UK. Prices might be better
    at some other etailers, but I'm happy with Amazon's prices,
    and their service is terrific. And if you have an account
    at Amazon's US site, you have an account with *all* of
    Amazon's sites.

    Blackstar I've had good dealings with early on, but stopped
    ordering from them because (at the time, at least) they
    didn't deduct the VAT from US orders.
    There are a number of places in the US that carry a lot of
    other-Region releases, but I don't know of any that carry
    a "full list" of them, UK or otherwise.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Jan 15, 2004
  8. Pat

    Lithurge Guest

    [email protected]!cinescribe.demon.co.uk (Peter Briggs) wrote
    in
    cinescribe.demon.
    co.uk:
    Nope R2 is only delivered to those countries listed below.
    PlayUSA will deliver R1 discs to the US, but I suspect you'll
    source them cheaper if you live there from elsewhere.

    PLEASE NOTE: we only deliver to the following countries:

    Andorra
    Austria
    Cyprus
    England
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Gibraltar
    Greece
    Greenland
    Guernsey
    Iceland
    Ireland
    Italy
    Jersey
    Liechtenstein
    Luxembourg
    Malta
    Monaco
    Netherlands
    Northern Ireland
    Norway
    San Marino
    Scotland
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom
    Vatican
    Wales

    Lithurge, Jan 15, 2004
  9. Pat

    Peter Briggs Guest

    That's...a shame.

    One of the few things that's good about residing in Europe, I suppose.

    Peter Briggs, Jan 15, 2004