    have a more important concern--there's no way to put in new helper apps or
    plug-ins. There's nothing that tells you how to add them back. Anybody know
    how? Thanks.

    Hiawatha Bray, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Hiawatha Bray

    Doug G Guest

    AFAIK, Firefox uses the O/S's settings for helper applications. There
    is nothing listed in my Firefox's File Types box.

    Some of the plugins I have listed in about:plugins put their DLL files
    in Firefox's plugins folder when they were installed or configured. I
    copied the other DLL files there.

    I use Windows XP.

    Doug G, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Hiawatha Bray

    Moz Champion Guest

    There will be no helper applications listed unless you add them.
    When (and if) you run into a mime type that Firefox cant handle, then
    the helper application will be entered for you, based on your choices at
    that time.

    Plug-ins have to be installed to be available for Firefox usage
    see

    Moz Champion, Jul 7, 2005